X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lindsay
    • Jan 2005

Burn Failed -- Nero

Hi,

I am very new at this, so I hope the problem I am having is not an obvious one.

I used DVD Shrink to compress a DVD, and attempted to burn it in Nero 6.6.0.6. I used the DVD-Video format the first time, and the DVD-IMO/UGF format the second time. Both attempts failed at around 88% and then 93%. I have no idea what I am doing wrong. I did a search on this forum and checked my DMA settings. Both seem to be set to what was specified on this forum.

I am attaching the log because it is quite long.

Thanks for any help you can give me!
    Attached Files
  • TRI0N
    Digital Video Technician
    Digital Video Technician
    • Dec 2004

It appears that the Drive does not like your media your using.

Media Specific [16..63]:
    00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 - 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ................

This is a sign that the drive cannont read the blank disc type you are using. What type of blank media do you have?

Also you might want to check into your device drivers for that DVD-RAM. Go here for the Driver Support page which will walk you thru the process of seeing if your current drivers are out of date.

Cheers!

TRI0N

Comment

• Lindsay
      • Jan 2005

Trion --

Thanks for your help. I am using Maxell DVD-R's.

I will check on the drivers, etc. later on this afternoon.

Do you know of any previous problems with this type of DVD?

Comment

• TRI0N
        Digital Video Technician
        Digital Video Technician
        • Dec 2004

Not off the top of my hand but Maxell has been said to be good by other users. However its how the DVD-RAM reacts to the media that is important. Some drives just don't see some types of media while it will see others just fine.

Updating Firmware updates what the drive can use as new media comes out. I did'nt see a firmware update for you drive. But the drivers might correct the problem also and will be able to see the media correctly.

Using a tool called DVD Info Pro you can check the media that you have in the drive and see if it shows a bunch of Zero's like your log did from Nero. Test your media again after you install new drivers if needed and reboot. See if it can reconize the media once updated.

Grab it here:
        Cheers!

TRI0N

Comment

• Lindsay
          • Jan 2005

Thanks again for your help. I updated the drivers and it seems to work fine now!

I just bought this laptop so I imagine the drivers were a bit outdated.

Comment

Working...