Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • neveax
    • Jan 2005

MKV in vdubmod "Virtual reference not handled"

When I try to open a MKV file in vdubmod 1.5.0.1, I get the error "Virtual reference not handled" when I try a different mkv file, I get "Birtual block not handled", a different file and it "cannot detect file type", another file and it says "the file is empty".

Seems like I get a different error for each file. I saw a thread on http://forum.digital-digest.com/show...threadid=37724 and tried mkvmerge GUI v1.0.1 and when I inserted the file and click "start muxing" I get the error "MKVMERGE failed with a return code of 3."

All the files I tried to open are some anime DVD rips I think. So they are in mkv format. I managed to open ep1 without any problems, and after that, I get a different error for each other episode I open,from ep2 till ep5. The file I tried to open in mkvmerge is ep2 which gave the error "virtual reference not handled". How do I fix this?
  • ChristianHJW
    matroska project member
    • May 2003

Forget VirtualdubMod for handling modern MKV files. Its hopelessly outdated, and seems to be abandoned by its main developer also.

If mkvmerge/mmg.exe cant handle your MKV file, its likely corrupt. Can you play this file ?

Regards

Christian
    matroska project admin
    Support the future of audio and video encoding, matroska as open standard container format and Gstreamer as open source, x-platform multimedia platform - Contact us on Corecodec, the concentric circles of audio and video, or on IRC.CORECODEC.COM #matroska ; for best viewing matroska file use The Core Media Player ( TCMP )

Comment

• neveax
      • Jan 2005

yes,I can play the file with no problems in zplayer

Comment

• neveax
        • Jan 2005

I have no problems playing it, I just can't open it in vdub/mkvmerge

Comment

• ChristianHJW
          matroska project member
          • May 2003

Originally posted by neveax
          I have no problems playing it, I just can't open it in vdub/mkvmerge
          Forget VdubMod, its hopelsssly outdated in terms of MKV handling, and has the status 'discontinued project' menahwile.

Are we sure you are aware that mkvmerge is a command line ( CLI ) program, coming with a GUI called mmg.exe ? Link is here : http://mkvmerge.matroska.org. Dont forget you need the mingw runtimes from the same place so that it will work on your PC.

Christian
          matroska project admin
          Support the future of audio and video encoding, matroska as open standard container format and Gstreamer as open source, x-platform multimedia platform - Contact us on Corecodec, the concentric circles of audio and video, or on IRC.CORECODEC.COM #matroska ; for best viewing matroska file use The Core Media Player ( TCMP )

Comment

• neveax
            • Jan 2005

I got the runtime files already. But for some reason, it still doesn't work, I attached a screenshot, it will be better than me trying to explain. There might be something wrong with the video instead, I will download it again to be sure. Pls take a look at the screenshot, thanks
            Attached Files

Comment

• ChristianHJW
              matroska project member
              • May 2003

neveax,

you have the exclusive pleasure to be to test a new build of mkvmerge, that Mosu has made specifically for your problem :

Pls. report the outcome of the test here

Christian
              matroska project admin

Comment

• neveax
                • Jan 2005

Thanks, I think the reason it didn't work before is because the file isn't complete. But it works now. I can still play the file even though its not complete because zplayer can play incomplete files Thats why I didn't check to see if its complete until its too late. All I am doing is to re-encode it till around 50-70mb for a friend since the original is over 220mb. How can I do it if vdub doesn't support mkv? I can open it in vdub now but it says something about variable framerate and overlapping subtitles. What should I do?

I pasted the log from mmg.exe below, it works

mkvmerge v1.0.1 ('October Road') built on Dec 18 2004 17:26:22
                'C:\UPP\download\[AHQ] Gundam Seed 1-5\[AHQ] Gundam Seed - 02 - Its Name is Gundam.mkv': Using the Matroska demultiplexer.
                'C:\UPP\download\[AHQ] Gundam Seed 1-5\[AHQ] Gundam Seed - 02 - Its Name is Gundam.mkv' track 1: Using the video output module.
                'C:\UPP\download\[AHQ] Gundam Seed 1-5\[AHQ] Gundam Seed - 02 - Its Name is Gundam.mkv' track 2: Using the Vorbis output module.
                'C:\UPP\download\[AHQ] Gundam Seed 1-5\[AHQ] Gundam Seed - 02 - Its Name is Gundam.mkv' track 3: Using the Vorbis output module.
                'C:\UPP\download\[AHQ] Gundam Seed 1-5\[AHQ] Gundam Seed - 02 - Its Name is Gundam.mkv' track 4: Using the text subtitle output module.
                The file 'C:\Documents and Settings\Perry\My Documents\123.mkv' has been opened for writing.
                The cue entries (the index) are being written...
                Muxing took 26 seconds.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎