X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LT. Columbo
    Demigod of Digital Video
    • Nov 2004

Lite-on Dvd Always Max Speed

i have the lite-on dvd writer sohw-1213s, recently i noticed that it always burns at max speed, no matter what is selected.

i tried tmpgenc plus' writing tool, and same thing! max speed of any media i use!

i can't pinpoint when this happened but it was never like this when i first got it. it certainly didn't happen before on xp home sp1, now i have the pc upgraded and sp2.

the writer still does a good job, but i'd like to correct this. anyone heard of a problem like this, or a solution?

ty.
    "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
    Columbo moments...
    "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
    "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
    (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

• Mig$y
    Retired
    • Jan 2004

Hi columbo99

It sounds as if your writers firmware will only support the top speed for the brands of media you are using.

As you have a LiteOn you may want to take a look at "Omnipatcher" which will let you customise your firmware, although it will invalidate your warranty.

Take a read through here

Still your writer does a good job as you have mentioned, I'd just live with it

Comment

• LT. Columbo
      Demigod of Digital Video
      • Nov 2004

ty for the tip, there is enough to worry about in life, so i am gonna do just that---live with it.

another option is to take out my writer and throw it in the bush and buy a new one
      "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
      Columbo moments...
      "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
      "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
      (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

Working...