X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZZ-Diego
    • Feb 2005

SpruceUp extra themes

Hi,

found the right author program for me now, its called SpruceUp . There is a great page where you can download a musicstyle set but sadly no extra buttons, background and stuff.... does anybody know of how these extra theme packs are called and where to find them, cause the official homepage is down .

if somebody is interested in this musicstyle set, it can be downloaded here:

Btw. i also find a broken link to a "Spruceup101061b.zip"
    which was called a patch on one website...

Question:
    Is this a official update/upgrade patch for the last release v1.1 build 1106 ?

greetings
    ZZ-Diego
    Last edited by ZZ-Diego; 18 Feb 2005, 12:38 PM.
    Diego: Why did you do that? you could've died trying to rescue me.
    Manfred: That's what you do in a herd, you look out for one another.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"Is this a official update/upgrade patch for the last release v1.1 build 1106 ?"

1) If it was "official", it would be at the author's/publisher's website

2) If I remember correctly, "SpruceUp", a commercial program, was discontinued quite some time ago...
    Last edited by setarip; 18 Feb 2005, 05:27 PM.

Comment

• ZZ-Diego
      • Feb 2005

Hi Setarip,

yes i know ;( their programs where sold to apple and they didn´t care for windows anymore. Its a shame and tragical! It really is!

As far as my research for this update goes.... it seems, that its a update for the release v1.0. build 1061,because i also found SpruceUp1061b.exe everywhere mentioned and that conforms with that Spruceup101061b.zip quite good.

So if someone has got these add button/background packs arround, please let me know

greetings
      ZZ-Diego

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

It was probably a FULL update, since the setup package is almost 23Mb versus 17Mb for the original version...

Comment

• ZZ-Diego
          • Feb 2005

Thanks for staying with this thread setarip.

I have tested that program now and i must say two things about it:

a) its a lovely, easy to handle and quite powerful authoring software

b) it sucks on serveral reasons and bugs, so i am forced to use DVDLab Pro now, what reboot recommended.

Reasons:
          - most of my mpeg-2 couldn´t be loaded directly because of some header error messages. So i had to demux them to m2v and mpa. Thats neither time sufficient nor harddisc space handy.

- it supports 16:9 aspect ratios for import videos but no real export...

Aspect Ratio
          DVD supports 4:3 (conventional TV) and 16:9 (widescreen) aspect ratios. 16:9 video is
          anamorphic, meaning it is compressed horizontally (things look skinny). A flag setting on
          the title triggers the end user’s player to expand the picture out to a real 16:9 aspect ratio.
          SpruceUp supports 4:3 only, but will import 16:9 video and process it as if it was 4:3
          (playback will be as 4:3, not 16:9).
          - playing some videos in simulation mode failed on wrong screen resolution. Even reducing brings no effect.

- importing a very long mpeg (3h) worked fine and it was
          also marked correctly, but exporting that session (title set) flicks out 50% of that video! It seems like, SpruceUp couldn´t handle 3h videos .

so afterall....its sad its not supported anymore......

greetings
          ZZ-Diego

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

Perhaps all of the difficulties you've experienced using "SpruceUp" (without my asking how you obtained it) is the underlying reason Apple just "killed" it after acquiring it...

Comment

• reboot
              Digital Video Expert
              Digital Video Expert
              • Apr 2004

The SpruceUp Demo has been (and still is) available http://www.afterdawn.com/software/vi...s/spruceup.cfm
              Puts a logo on your stuff, but it's usually outside the TV Safe area anyhow, and will not accept AC3 audio.
              It is full of bugs (as you've found out), and although a fairly basic authoring tool, it has too many flaws to be used seriously.
              My DVDLab (and other) Guides

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎