Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DJSlakoR
    • Feb 2005

Standalone Playback No Longer Works

I use DVD Decrypter (latest version) and Nero Recode / Nero Burning ROM to back up my DVDs.

Up to versions:

Nero Recode: 2.1.1.20
    Nero Burning Rom: 6.3.1.25

... everything worked fine. DVDs play in both the PC and on my Panasonic S55 DVD player with no problems.

Using _any_ version of Recode later than 2.1.1.20 (including the latest release) creates a DVD which will play fine on my PC, but causes the Panasonic S55 to hang. Reverting back to 2.1.1.20, everything works fine again and the DVD will play both on the PC and on the standalone.

I also tried creating only the video files with Recode and using NTI to burn the DVD with the same results (meaning the problem is in Recode, not Nero Burning ROM).

This is not media specific. If I revert back to 2.1.1.20, everything works fine again and the DVD can be played anywhere.

I referenced the changelog to recode, and it doesn't seem like anything would have been introduced to cause this issue.

I realize the obvious solution is to keep using the version that works, but that's not an answer to the problem as far as I'm concerned.

I'm _guessing_ versions later than the one I have that works (2.1.1.20) introduce some mechanism into the navigation file or whatnot that the S55 doesn't understand.

I typically prefer using the latest editions of software, but I can live with using an older version. I'm still interested to know if anyone else is having this problem.

-DJS
  • cynthia
    Super Moderatress
    • Jan 2004

What burner do you use and what are the installed firmware for that one?

Comment

• DJSlakoR
      • Feb 2005

Re: Firmware

LITE-ON LDW-411S

Latest Firmware: FS0K

I'm pretty sure the problem isn't related to the drive considering other packages utilize the drive to burn DVDs, and produce output that works fine. It seems to be some change introduced into Nero Recode. Since I haven't seen many other people complaining about it, I'm guessing it's a change that affects my standalone (Panasonic S55), but not all standalones.

-djs

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎