X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bulc9
    • Nov 2004

track problems & converting...

Hey everyone,

Just when i thought i have finally figured converting files and menus, i get blown out!!!

What i wanted to do was, put 7 files all of 170MB each onto a dvd with menus.

So i converted the avi files using "dvd santa" this converted fine, so now i had the 7 files in video_ts dvd format.

Now i wanted to create dvd menus so i could select each episode 1-7. Now i opened "TMPGEnc DVD Author 1.6" i created a new project and added the 1-7 dvd files into the tracks. Then created the menus and scene selection. The total size was bigger than a dvd disk, it was 5.4GB. I saved the files onto hard drive.

Now to get the files on a dvd, i oped dvd Shrink, opened the dvd files and compressed them so they could fit on a disk.

Then i opened Nero SmartStart and burned them to dvd. At this point i was chuffed, i thought i had finally done it. Then when i played them on my dvd player, the last 2 tracks or (episodes) do not work, they come up red, then the dvd player doesnt recognise it, then it does not read the dvd.

All the other tracks work, on some of them as well the screen freezes and skips?Why does it do this?

I tired other tracks from different files and the same thing happens its always the last 2 tracks!

Any help on why it does this, or where i am going wrong and how i can solve this would be much appreciated!!

Cheers
    Glory Glory Man United!!!
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"I tired other tracks from different files and the same thing happens its always the last 2 tracks!"

Sounds like the typical consequence of using poor quality media - the closer to the outer edge, the poorer the recording quality...

Comment

• Mig$y
      Retired
      • Jan 2004

>bulc9

With setarips post in mind, try playing back your Shrunk files with your s/w DVD player (PowerDVD, WinDVD). Do the last two episodes play?

Comment

• bulc9
        • Nov 2004

Yes i tired the files on my computer with power dvd and they work! Well last time i looked they did.

I have been using the cheap dvds (bulk pak) lol. this is probally why then! I have got some good ones today, i will see how they go and if it does the same with these.

If it still does the same thing, what could be the problem?

Cheers for you responses!!!

Comment

• Mig$y
          Retired
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by bulc9
          I have been using the cheap dvds (bulk pak)
          This is the problem....

I've been thinking of a word that will let me describe Bulkpaq and I don't think I'll get away with posting any of them

Comment

• nwg
            Left *****
            • Jun 2003

Bulkpaq discs are known to be very hit and miss regarding quality. They don't like being burned to the edge and prefer to have several hundred MB (at least 300MB) off the total size. They get very unstable and suffer from skipping and freezing.

They have tried using different dyes from other manufacturers but I won't use them.

I like Ritek made discs. Their brand names are best which are Ridisc, Ridata and Traxdata.

Comment

• bulc9
              • Nov 2004

there the ones i have just got as well the Ritek discs. I have noticed that with the bulk paq, bcoz even when i copy from a dvd they still freeze, i always thought i was doin something wrong. Never knew it was the media type! lol

Ill see if it does it now with these discs. Cheers

Comment

• nwg
                Left *****
                • Jun 2003

Try not to burn higher than 4x. I still prefer to burn at 2x.

Comment

• bulc9
                  • Nov 2004

Yep!!! hurrrayyyy!!!! Thanks everyone, simple solution but it worked!!! I burnt it at 4x

Finally. wouldnt have done it without ur help!! Would have just give up!! cheers everyone!

Paul

Comment

• setarip
                    Retired
                    • Dec 2001

"cheers everyone!"

My (Our) pleasure ;>}

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰