Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wetcoat
    • Feb 2005

DVD-R printable media

Has anyone out there had any problems with playback on stand alone players using DVD-R printable discs.
    I have had 100% success burning and playing DVD+R media (many different brands). But recently I switched to DVD-R media as it was the only printable media I was able to purchase. This media failed terribly and as I learned poor quality was to blame ( manufactured by Longten). I have since purchased good quality DVD-R printable media (manufactured by MCC) but I am still getting pixelation and pausing but not as bad as before. I was under the impression that DVD-R media would play on a higher percentage of players than DVD+R. I am not sure now whether or not to puchase DVD+R printable media as I may still have the same problems.
    Any replies would be apreciated
  • jmet
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2002

How fast are you burning?

Comment

• wetcoat
      • Feb 2005

Burning at 4X
      Burnt everything previous the same
      Sorry about delay internet down at times today

Comment

• jmet
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2002

wetcoat, go here: http://forum.digital-digest.com/show...threadid=44912

Comment

• wetcoat
          • Feb 2005

Any feedback on issues with inkjet printable discs (not lables)

Comment

• JTnVA
            • Feb 2005

Wetcoat, I have the same issue. I purchased printable Ritek-R and cannot get them to play in three diff standalones. No idea why, all my players will handle Sony-R just fine, although the Sony's are not printable media.

I have an order in for Ritek+R and am hoping for better results.
            Thanks
            JT
            Thanks,
            JTnVA

Comment

• wetcoat
              • Feb 2005

JTnVA, Since my last post I have now had good success with at least 50 MCC +R printable media. These were purchased as Prodisc +R printable. I found Ritek -R not to work as well (rated as a 4th class media). My biggest problem on both of my stand alone JVC players was heat build up with the machine causing laser not to read properly as was noted to me by jmet. I am still getting the odd read error on a few # of discs when checking with DVDINFO. These minor problems have not shown up on standalone playback so I am happy at this point. Just a note that no problems at all with non printable media and the MCC +R printable (Mitsubishi Chemicals) I am now using is listed as a 1st class media. So if any of my problems is media I do not Know what to purchase.

Comment

Working...