Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Indiana Jones
    • Feb 2005

problem burning DVD

I copy the DVD "Hellboy" using First DVD decrypter and then Nero Express on DVD Memorex 8 Gb. I can read it completlly on my computer but it stops at a chapter on my DVD player and i can't see further of the movie even if i try to go forward.

I've burned only a few 8 Gb DVD and the other one couldn't be read by my DVD player

What's the problem what should i do.
  • jmet
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2002

First, Memorex brand media has had a reputation for causing problems for alot of people. Try to change brands of media.

Since it will play on your computer, its either the media (as previously stated) or your stand alone DVD player.

At what speed are you burning at?

What is the make and model # of your stand alone DVD player?

Comment

• Indiana Jones
      • Feb 2005

My DVD player is a Phillips model "DVD640".

I used Nero Express and it don't let me change the speed of burning it automatically use the maximum speed.

Comment

• jmet
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2002

Seems like from the this website, the comments left by other people who own this are experiencing the same problem.

Try burning with DVD Decrypter (freeware) and lower the burning speed to 4X. There is a tutorial located here: http://forum.digital-digest.com/show...threadid=45238

I recommend burning no faster than 4X, the faster you burn, the more likely you are to get/encounter errors.

Have you updated your firmware?

Comment

• Indiana Jones
          • Feb 2005

I've download the firmware this week so it must be the last update.

Can i backup a dvd backup trying to burn it slower or will it give me the same problems?

Comment

• jmet
            Super Moderator
            • Nov 2002

"Can i backup a dvd backup trying to burn it slower or will it give me the same problems?"
            If you mean copying a already copied backup, then yes it will yield the same results. Do you not have the file or files still on your hard drive? If not, re-rip the DVD from the original again.

Comment

Working...