X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • greenda4
    • Mar 2005

Audio out of Sync with Video

Hi,

I converted a VHS movie to DVD and when I playback the video on my HDD, the audio is out of sync with the Video. I used Adaptec's Videoh! USB2.0 to download to my HDD and I have Sonic's MyDVD 5.2 software to burn to DVD. I went ahead a burned a DVD and it plays on my DVD player the same way it plays on my HDD, out of sync. How do I fix this??

Thanks,

greenda4
  • ormonde
    Digital Video Explorer
    • Dec 2003

"How do I fix this??"

Load the mpeg file(s) that were captured via the Videoh! USB2.0 device and load them into "TMPGEnc Plus". Click the "Setting" button at the bottom of the main dialog. Click on the "Advanced" tab and double-click on "Source Range". In that dialog at the bottom, there is an "Audio Gap Correct" window that will allow you to correct the audio by using a plus or minus value.

Comment

• greenda4
      • Mar 2005

I downloaded TMPGEnc Plus 2.54 and when I tried to select my.mpg file as the video source, I got a message saying "the file could not open or unsupported". What's wrong??

Thanks,

greenda4

Comment

• ormonde
        Digital Video Explorer
        • Dec 2003

Open the original mpeg file(s) in "VirtualDubMod" ("File" > "Open Video File"). Then go to "File" > "File Information" and post everything that is listed in both the video and audio sections of the dialog box, or post a screenshot of the information.

Comment

• greenda4
          • Mar 2005

When I launch the TMPGEnc Plus program and go to 'File', my options are to open a project. There isn't an option that allows you to open the file. I believe the only way that I can view the file is by using the Sonic 5.2 program. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,

greenda4

Comment

• ormonde
            Digital Video Explorer
            • Dec 2003

"There isn't an option that allows you to open the file."

Re-read CAREFULLY my previous post. The program to obtain file information is "VirtualDubMod" (freeware) NOT "TMPGEnc Plus".

Comment

• greenda4
              • Mar 2005

I misunderstood your last post, but I understand now that I need to download 'VirtualDubMod' first The info is:

Video

Frame Size = 720 X 480, 29.970 fps (33367uS)
              Fps = 47657 (26:30)
              # of I,P,B = 3178/12709/31770
              I Frame = 20016/50785/96880 (157614 k)
              P Frame = 12520/30627/98056 (380125 k)
              B Frame = 3792/20209/58112 (627015 k)
              Avg bit rate = 6000 Kbps (732 Kb/s)

Audio

Format = 48 kHz stereo, 1536 kbps LPCM
              # of frames = 49699
              Total size = 298194 k

Sorry for the confusion!

Thanks,

greenda4

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                Demigod of Digital Video
                • Nov 2004

to greenda4

"I downloaded TMPGEnc Plus 2.54 and when I tried to select my.mpg file as the video source, I got a message saying "the file could not open or unsupported". What's wrong??"

regarding the error in tmpgenc plus, on the main screen, click "options">"environmental settings">"vfapi plugin tab">right click "directshow multimedia file reader, select"higher priority".do this untill it is 2. try to load the file now.....
                "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
                Columbo moments...
                "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
                "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
                (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• ormonde
                  Digital Video Explorer
                  • Dec 2003

columbo999

The method that you described is primarily used when an encoded "AVI" file contains an Ac3 audio stream. I was under the impression that "greenda4" is dealing with "Captured" mpeg files NOT AVI as the source.

Comment

• greenda4
                    • Mar 2005

That didn't work for me. I set the 'Directshow multimedia file reader' to a priority of 2. The file I am working with is a captured file.

Thanks,

greenda4

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                      Demigod of Digital Video
                      • Nov 2004

to ormonde

i thought i'd mention it since it often works for me with files other than .avi, plus it may prove useful for future projects....
                      "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
                      Columbo moments...
                      "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
                      "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
                      (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• ormonde
                        Digital Video Explorer
                        • Dec 2003

greenda4

If you are still having trouble with "TMPGEnc", as an alternative, try opening one of the mpeg files in a program callled "AVSVideoConverter" and re-save as a DVD compliant mpeg-1 or mpeg-2 file. Then try and open it again in "TMPGEnc" and use the method that I outlined in my initial post to fix the sync issue.

Comment

• greenda4
                          • Mar 2005

Thanks ormonde I got it now. The problem was that my MPEG file was 720 X 480 and it needed to be 352 X 240. So after adjusting the 'audio correct' option, I need to create a new MPEG file and preview the sound and audio and see if that works for me. Is this correct? And when I get a setting that works for me, I assume that I will be able to open that file in Sonic 5.2 in order to burn the file to DVD. Right??

Thanks,

greenda4

Comment

• ormonde
                            Digital Video Explorer
                            • Dec 2003

"Is this correct?"

Yes...

"I assume that I will be able to open that file in Sonic 5.2 in order to burn the file to DVD. Right??"

Hopefully...

Comment

• greenda4
                              • Mar 2005

There is an ad that is right in the middle of my video that says that my video was converted using an unregistered copy of AVS. How do I get rid of that ad?? Eventhough I downloaded the program for free, can I register the software to get rid of that ad?? Also, my original .mpg file was 1.4 Gb and now has been reduced to 264 Mb. The audio on the video sounds different, like the tones of the people's voices has gotten deeper. What happened??

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎