Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • M@D_M@X
    • Sep 2004

NEC 2510A problems

Ever since i got my NEC drive a few months ago i havent had anything but trouble. Every single DVD-R disc i write (mostly movies) i can read in my Sony stationary DVD drive but when i try to make a copy of the "copy" my NEC drive ALWAYS comes with a CRC error at the end of the disc.
    I tried using alot of different DVD-r discs and installed alot of different firmwares but nothing works. I also tried different burning software such as cloneDVD, Nero and DVD decrypter.
    Is it my NEC drive or the firmware??

The wierd part is the CRC read problem at the end of every disc.

PLEASE HELP!!!!

ps. if the discs gets the tinyest scratch my stationary sony also has trouble reading
  • jmet
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2002

A CRC error is DVD Shrink's way of telling you that it cannot read the disc (DVD). It is caused from the disc being to dirty (fingerprints, smudges, etc.) or being to scratched. First, try cleaning the DVD. You can try toothpaste to lessen the severity of the scratches. (By no means am I saying that you will totally restore the DVD back to original condition, all your doing is just trying to get DVD Shrink to successfully read it.) If DVD Shrink or DVD Decrypter still generates this error message, I suggest returning the original for a different copy.

Before you return it, try using the latest version of DVD Decrypter. The latest Version is Currently: Version 3.5.2.0 Get it here: http://www.dvddecrypter.com/index.php?act=download

Use DVD Decrypter to "rip" the DVD to your hard drive in "File" mode - and from the "Edit" dropdown menu, select "All files" (NOT "movie files").

Then use DVD Shrink to "Open files" (NOT "Open Disk") - and select "VIDEO_TS.IFO" or the actual "VIDEO_TS" folder.

A good tutorial on how to accomplish this is located here: http://forum.digital-digest.com/show...threadid=45238

Comment

• Experi-Mentor
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • Nov 2004

mad max, if you're in "au", then give "princo" -r blanks a go & stick with 4x burning speed

Comment

• cynthia
        Super Moderatress
        • Jan 2004

Nec + Princo = False

If you want to use your Princos in your Nec - you need to use modified firmware (=hacked)

Comment

• Experi-Mentor
          Lord of Digital Video
          Lord of Digital Video
          • Nov 2004

my nec 2510 has firmware ver.2.15 (from factory). still under warranty.
          the only blanks i have no trouble with is "princo -r". any other brand of blanks i previously tried - all failed i one way or another
          with almost 1,000 burns i have never had a single problem with princo - even with my nd1300.

perhaps there's a difference in princo quality within other countries (??)

Comment

• cynthia
            Super Moderatress
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Experi-Mentor
            perhaps there's a difference in princo quality within other countries (??)
            The bad ones goes to my country...

Comment

• M@D_M@X
              • Sep 2004

Well its not only princo discs. I also have the problems with datawrite and some other discs. so i dont think its a disc problem.
              And the problems is NOT scratches
              I tried different firmwares but im not quite sure what firmware i should use.
              Right now im using NEC's own latest version 2.17

Comment

• cynthia
                Super Moderatress
                • Jan 2004

One solution is to do a Google search on: your brand of media + Nec 2510 + firmware

Comment

• Experi-Mentor
                  Lord of Digital Video
                  Lord of Digital Video
                  • Nov 2004

mad max, you can't copy your copy 'cause your 1st copy is faulty, a "bad burn", indicating mostly :
                  poor media quality
                  burning at a faster speed (the lower the better)
                  incompatibility between burner & blank/s
                  over multi-tasking during burning

some stand-alone player/s can & do go right past the errors without you ever knowing that there were any errors there. where as, through your pc & software/s, the errors will be detected. most of the time, a bad burn will/may "play" ok in your pc, but when under a microscope (like a burn/rip/encode etc prog), then it's true colours will be revealed.

cynthia (min van) , i have lots of friends in sweden that will also "only" use princo, & yes most do own a "nec".
                  princo 8x devoted "only" to nec3XXX

Comment

• cynthia
                    Super Moderatress
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Experi-Mentor
                    cynthia (min van) , i have lots of friends in sweden that will also "only" use princo, & yes most do own a "nec".
                    princo 8x devoted "only" to nec3XXX
                    I have only used Princo 1X and Princo 1-4X. Could very well be that the quality is better now on the 8X media.

Comment

• Experi-Mentor
                      Lord of Digital Video
                      Lord of Digital Video
                      • Nov 2004

## Could very well be that the quality is better now on the 8X media ##
                      i've used the 4x for around 2 years
                      also, my nd1300 could never take any firmware post 1.09 (not that i needed it)

afaik, princo 8x are devoted to nec burners only. haven't seen a generic princo 8x yet (really-really strange)

Comment

Working...