Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dutchie
    • Mar 2005

green dots

hi all... im new to this forum, not new to encoding but no expert by any means.

i thought i might ask, coz so far i cant narrow it down to anything.

using Gordian Knot and divx 5.21 (and the Gordian Knot guide)
    i get excellent results converting dvd to an avi of a choosen size of about 1.5gb...however,

i've noticed on playback i see these green dots randomly scattering about the image, most noticable on dark scenes. Not enough of them to ruin the movie completely, but enough to make the rip worth redoing properly.

any ideas?

cheers 8)
  • ormonde
    Digital Video Explorer
    • Dec 2003

Hello and welcome to the forums. I would download and install the "FFDirectshow" Filter. This is a very good filter for playback of just about any type of video format. Get it here:

Download ffdshow for free. ffdshow is DirectShow and VFW codec for decoding/encoding many video and audio formats, including DivX and XviD movies using libavcodec, xvid and other opensourced libraries with a rich set of postprocessing filters.

Comment

• ziadost
      Super Moderator
      • Mar 2004

though make sure you get the "alpha" version
      "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• dutchie
        • Mar 2005

aaah ok...thx guys 8)

so this is a filter plugin for virtuadubmod in gordian knot to filter the divx encoding process? or a playback filter?

Do you know whats actually causing the green dots?

cheers 8)

Comment

• UncasMS
          Super Moderator
          • Nov 2001

ffdshow is a playbackfilter that replaces xvid or divx as playbackfilter and it does so EXTREMELY GOOD

it is first choice for many of us

you should definitely give it a try and go for some of the latest versions (october 2004 or younger)

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎