• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CrazyLegsMC
    DivX GOD
    • Nov 2001

Advanced Techniques?

Hey all,

Ive been playing around iwth FlaskMPEG and all those step by step DVD-DivX converters and they all seem rather simple.

Are they simple because thats the furthest extent to DivX? or are they small and simple to accomodate people who dont know what they're doing?

What im basically trying to ask is, is there a more advanced way of making divx, that is much more complicated but results in a better movie?
  • UncasMS
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2001

hehehe good one!

my suggestions is: NANDUB

Comment

• CrazyLegsMC
      DivX GOD
      • Nov 2001

RE:

Nandub eh? ill give it a try.
      You know of any good guides that give an explanation of whats going on, and how to do what? or is it similar to FlaskMPEG and DVD2AVI

Comment

• Homerlovesbeer
        • Nov 2001

I've just used Nandub with great sucess after farting around with Flask for a week.

I'll post how I did it soon. But I read every guide on how to do it and picked out all the good bits (wel, the bits I understood *grins*)

cheers
        Homerlovesbeer

Comment

• UncasMS
          Super Moderator
          • Nov 2001

NANDUB ist not like flask!

you can find links when checking the very top posting under GENERAL.

go for nicky's guides or check doom9

Comment

• CrazyLegsMC
            DivX GOD
            • Nov 2001

RE:

Well I just did an encoding using FlaskMpeg 0.6 and it actually came out really well. Im gonna try Nandub also, but to me if I can reproduce the quality i got with FlaskMPEG then I might not chnage

Hey guys who loves Nandub (sorry forgot ur name), can you give me some pro and cons about nandub? if you dont mind that is.

Comment

• Homerlovesbeer
              • Nov 2001

LOL.....ok for me big plus is that it worked for me!!! And it doesn't crash when exiting heheheheh.......

But seriously when I used the two pass option in both programs Nandub seemed to produce better results. Also it produced perfect audio sync, something flask couldn't do (with me). But it seems more complicated to encode. i.e. DVD2AVI crop, and fake avi using VFAPI Converter, rip sound using graphedit, encode to Mp3 using GoGoBatch, and Vob and sound to Avi in Nandub!

But what results.....WOA

Cheers
              Homerlovesbeer

Comment

• SithUK
                • Dec 2001

I'm interested to hear that some users are having such spectacular results with NanDub. Are there any guides to making DivX 4.11 movies using it? Or can it only utilise DivX 3, in which case, how can a divx3 rip in NanDub be better than a DivX4 rip in FLask0.6?

Sorry if i'm asking really obvious questions here, I appreciate you sharing your wisdom =)

SithUK

Comment

• tungsten
                  • Nov 2001

well, i'm new at this too so don't REALLY count on me for experience... BUT:

although i AM new (i've been involved for about a month), i have decided to stick to Nandub for the extra quality and the control it gives you over things.. Flask is history for me (it didn't make not even 1 movie that is worth the time i spent on trying to learn how it works)! Plus, you can always save your Nandub processing settings and load them again and again, changing only the parameters you wish to change for each movie (filters, bitrate etc).

that's all from me! have a happy happy day!

Comment

• CrazyLegsMC
                    DivX GOD
                    • Nov 2001

RE:

Hey everyone, thanks for all the replies, theyve been quite helpful actually.

Now that im more used to 2 pass encoding, ill be intrested to see what its like when i try it using Nandub (previously it was FlaskMPEG)

If anyone has any other comments theyd like to add, such as FPS on average, or quality, or usablility compared to FlaskMPEG i would appreciate the effort

Thanx Phil

Comment

• UncasMS
                      Super Moderator
                      • Nov 2001

keep in mind that nandub needs divx3 or ms v2 NOT divx4!

go for a 2 cd rip and you will hardly be able to beat THAT quality

for ways on sound extraction ( not graphedit but VOB2AUDIO using graphedit filters!!!), enhancing, muxing and avi scanning check my page.

Comment

• Homerlovesbeer
                        • Nov 2001

LOL soz UncasMS...I hope they knew what I meant when I described audio rip/encoding......

Also I got a really nice result on a 1 cd rip (space a premium because I am travelling for 2 years away from home).

GOOD LUCK CrazyLegsMC

Homerlovesbeer

Comment

• Fluffy
                          • Nov 2001

Personaly i take the output from smartripper and run it through DVD2AVI saving it as a DVD2AVI project file, then I convert it to a virtual AVI using the VFAPI converter. finaly i use Virtualdub to deinterlace using Donald Grafts Telecide filter, and resize using his smart resize filter. Finaly if i am putting in subtitles i use Vobsub 1.60. I encode using the Divx4.11 codec. a bit complicated, but i have yet to see better quality output.
                          Helicopters do not fly. They beat the sky into submission.
                          -Aaden Satpulov

Comment

Working...