Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jazee
    • Apr 2005

Matchboxing

I'm authoring a compilation DVD of scenes ripped from several different DVDs where some scenes are 4:3 and some are 16:9 aspect ratio. My DVD player is outputting in 1080i and so my TV stays locked in 16:9. I can use the remote to switch the DVD player mode to 480p and my TV will go into a progressive stretch mode to make things not look stretched yet still fill the screen. I'd prefer to just 'matchbox' the 4:3 images with black or grey on the sides though.

What would be the simplest way to go about authoring a DVD where I can optionally matchbox some scenes? It doesn't have to be freeware - I'm just looking for the tools that will allow me to do it in the fewest steps possible.

I've been using DVD Shrink to rip scenes into the VOB files but I imagine I need to rip to MPEG files to achieve what I want.

A bonus would be if the tool also has the option to automatically create chapter points for each file. Currently when I create a compilation using DVD Shrink to burn using Nero, it burns it all as one chapter. I don't need a menu, just chapter points.
Working...
😀
🥰
🤢
😎
😡
👍
👎