Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JOHNNYGM7LSI
    • Jan 2005

Womble MPEG Wizard, maximum time length for a 4.5Gb DVD

Hiya Folks, I`ve been using Womble since the beginning of the year and I thinks it`s great, In the past I have always made fairly short movies, and I have been led to believe a 4.5Gb DVD will store about 2HRS of movie. So I have just done one which on Womble, said it was 1HR 45MINS long, after exporting it, it is 6.3GB !!!!! and won`t burn to a DVD, what is the maximum movie length on womble that I can edit that will burn onto a 4.5GB DVD disc. Many thanks, Johnny, Elgin Scotland
  • raster44
    • May 2005

Just use DVDShrink and compress it to 4.365GB and burn to DVD!

Comment

• JOHNNYGM7LSI
      • Jan 2005

Ok Raster, Thanks for that, it worked perfect. I have a Sony DVD91E, I was going to try Ulead Video Studio 9 this week but It looks like you can`t import vob files, only DVD capture which is not much good to me seeing that the 91E hasn`t got a lead to computer option. Thanks again Raster, Johnny.

Comment

• raster44
        • May 2005

Vob is a form of mpg2

Vob is a form of mpg2 and sometimes just changing the extension will give you a usable mpg file that you can edit and re-record. Go to http://www.videohelp.com and look at the help guides on the left and they will lead you converting almost any format to another using free programs that perform great. You've got half the battle won just having the video in digital that can be easily accessed by your DVD drive to bring it into the computer and play with. I had over 400 hours of SVHS that was recorded in the 80's & 90's that was converted to DVD using a Panasonic DMR-E20K. I spent over 2 years editing it and burning it to DVD along with 8mm movies of mine and my fathers from the 40's - 80's that we had made. I made copies tailored to family members interests and put them in zipped CD cases and gave them as gifts at Christmas. Forgot to mention the 3000+ pictures that I scanned, cleaned up, and burned as VCD's that dated back my grandparents wedding in Glascow in in 1896. Clark is the sir name.

Comment

Working...