X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • trippynet
    • Apr 2005

Sync problems, padding streams, etc.

Hello!

I've recently captured a load of footage onto my PC from my camcorder using my Hauppauge WinTV PVR 250. It's in MPEG2 format at the correct bitrate etc. for DVD burning. However, the audio quality isn't perfect so the plan was to demultiplex the audio (done), clean it up (done), then multiplex it back in again before authoring it and burning it. Specifically, I'd like to leave the video alone if possible cos it's already encoded into the correct format for DVD and by re-encoding it, I'll simply lose quality unecessarily, plus it'll take a lot of unecessary time.

Unfortunately, once I do this (the remultiplexing), I'm losing video sync and I believe the problem lies with the "Padding stream" which my card has added to the MPEG file. By demultiplexing and then re-multiplexing, I'm losing this padding stream (about 100MB for a 3.8GB file) and this is what I believe is throwing the audio out of sync with the video. Problem, is that after a day of messing around, I can't seem to find a nice program that'll allow me to either multiplex a video, audio and padding stream together or one that'll allow me to replace the audio stream in a file with another identical one (well, in terms of filesize and length anyway).

Basically, does anyone have any hints at all as to how such a feat can be accomplished so that I can replace the audio track with a new one without re-encoding the video and without losing sync between them?

Thanks in advance!
  • ormonde
    Digital Video Explorer
    • Dec 2003

Load the mpeg file(s) that were captured via the Hauppauge WinTV PVR 250 and load them into "TMPGEnc" or "TMPGEnc Plus". Click the "Setting" button at the bottom of the main dialog. Click on the "Advanced" tab and double-click on "Source Range". In that dialog at the bottom, there is an "Audio Gap Correct" window that will allow you to correct the audio by using a plus or minus value.

Comment

Working...
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍
    👎