Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thedragn1
    • Apr 2005

slow encoding

I already encoded a dvd-9 and saved it onto my HD. A couple hours later when I opened the folder to burn it to a dvd, it had to re-encode it, which is understandable. The problem is, why is it going at about 1800KB/s? Oh ya and I have Windows x64 RC2, (SP1,v1433). On the old Windows x32 Pro, it encoded at about 22,000KB/s.

My system specs:

Windows XP Professional x64 RC2 (SP1,v1433)
    Athlon64, 3200+ Socket 754
    Asus K8V Deluxe Revision 1.12, Bios v1008
    Maxtor ATA-133 7200RPM 8MB Cache 160GB
    1GB Corsair PC3200 Single Channel 2.5Lat.(2.5,3,3,6)
    Nvidia 5950 Ultra Agp 8x
    450W PSU
    2x optical drives:
    Samsung SD-616Q v414
    Sony Dru-500A
    Plenty of 80mm Case fans

note: nothing is OC'd
    note: DVD-Shrink is v3.2
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Check to make certain that DMA is ON for all drives/burners...

Comment

• thedragn1
      • Apr 2005

Yes DMA is on for all devices but remember that im getting the dvd source from a folder on the hard drive thats why im wondering why it's so slow.

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"Yes DMA is on for all devices but remember that im getting the dvd source from a folder on the hard drive thats why im wondering why it's so slow."

Are you suggesting that you DON'T have DMA turned on for your harddrive(s)?

Comment

• jmet
          Super Moderator
          • Nov 2002

Check your DMA settings - How ? do this -> Go to Control Panel> System> Hardware Tab> Device Manager> IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers> Right Click Primary IDE channel (and Secondary IDE channel after you finish with Primary)> Properties> Advanced Settings Tab> Transfer Mode or click here to learn.

Do the above from both "Primary & Secondary IDE channels".

I (We) and you need to look at whats in both "Transfer Mode" and "Current Transfer Mode". Screen shot below is what I'm talking about.

You can also look here for some other solutions: http://sniptools.com/vault/getting-b...windows-xp.htm

If it is in "PIO" mode. Click the "Driver" tab, and uninstall the driver. Then reboot. Upon rebooting windows will automatically reinstall the driver and it should go back to "DMA" mode.

Comment

• thedragn1
            • Apr 2005

Yes DMA is on for every device in my comp. Hard drive is DMA Ultra mode 6. Please help.
            Last edited by thedragn1; 23 Apr 2005, 03:44 AM.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎