Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sadiegirl
    • Apr 2005

Star Wars IV -A new hope

I am using DVD Dcrypter 3.5.4.0 I have been trying to decrypt Star Wars IV, with this I/O Error -Check condition. I read some of the other posts and found out about the bad pressing issue and I tried it with 4 different disks, I had my friend get a copy for me in another state 1300 miles away and I tried again, it always the same gets to 49% total progress and 16% current on VTS_02_4.VOB and then I/O. Check condition. Has anyone EVER gotten a successful backup?
  • cynthia
    Super Moderatress
    • Jan 2004

There are some suggestions:

It's got something to do with the angles. I use dvd decrypter in conjuction with dvd-shrink, and in dvd-shrink, you can see the different angles (each one represents a different language and angle 1 is usually english). I think you can tell dvd decrpter to only rip angle 1, but not sure how to do that.

*edit* in settings, in ifo mode you can mess with multi-angle processing (try checking the box and selecting angle 1)

=================

To rip Star Wars IV "A new hope" all you need to do is under the I/O tab set it to "Ignore read errors".

From other posts i've seen, there are only 20 or so errors, just leave it ignoring them all.

===================

I have Finally been able to get "A New Hope " copied to my HD. Reduce the Read speed to 2X, and give it a try . I had to do it twice , as the 1st time , I got the same error , at the same place , as the other person.
    Hope this helps.

======================

Being one who runs my own computer support group on Yahoo, I'm prone to following through with help no matter how many times a question has been asked. Thank goodness for the copy and paste advantage for making that even easier.

Thus, I'd like to say that "yes, the answer was posted", but after having to plow through several messages, I did find the answer to creating a backup of "A New Hope."

The trick was lowering the read speed to that of "2." Disabling read speed (plextor), and marking "ignore read errors", and telling Decrypter to create an .iso file to burn from was the solution. This was the information I found from with in another posting.

As a test, I then attempted to also have both DVD Shrink and CloneDVD2 create a copy. Both were successful, and playback was unchallenged. My XBOX and APEX DVD player had no issues whatsover playing back the movie, not to leave out the Lite-On DVD player/burner installed in my machine. I now use those two extra DVDs as charms hanging from the rear view mirror in my truck.

==========================

This is what I did for new hope, empire and return. Used decrypter 3.5.1.0. and chose the "file" mode. I then decrypted movie and saved to hard drive. I Then opened decrypter file in VobBlanker 1.5.1.0 When in VobBlakder there is large file which is (for lack of a better word) disabled. I clicked on this file and then clicked on the "keep" file option. Then I used VobBlanker to get rid of the unwanted files and then copied back to hard drive under different file name. I then opened up the vobBlanker file in dvdshrink 3.2.0.15 and eliminated some audio files. I ran dvdshrink, but chose to save shrink file in a different hard drive (my external). I opened up shrink file back in decrypter, chose ISO Write mode. Here was the tricky part, I then had to go to tools and use the option of create MDS file. It's pretty simple to do, but you have to click on the video file and then hit "create MDS" and then hit save. Then you will automatically go back to ISO Write mode where you click on burn dvd icon. It takes more time this way and more storage space, but I was able to copy all three with no problems. Also, I found my burner likes only verbatim discs......damn frustrating that it took me three different discs to find that one out. Good Luck. Plus a bonus......shrink,vob and decrypter are freeware.

Comment

• lgha
      Digital Video Technician
      Digital Video Technician
      • Mar 2004

Cynthia-For what it's worth I'm still using DVDDv322 on an old Vaio (Fat32) and so far (knock on wood) I am able to rip without problems each title(s) including SW#4,5,6. Each new version of DVDD has more and better features but it seems to miss something on some new DVDs. I like what I read about the newer versions of DVDD but so far I'm not having problems with what I have. Maybe a step back in versions of DVDD might help others. As I said for what it's worth.
      Region 1
      DVDD to rip
      DVDShrink to process

Comment

• sadiegirl
        • Apr 2005

Thanks Cynthia,
        I will set up dvdd as you suggested and try again. Once before I did ignore all the errrors and did get a successful playable version onto my hard drive. But then when I used my DVD shrink it had an error saying that VTS_02_4.VOB (the point that it has it's first error) is missing and won't burn the DVD. But I can watch the entire movie using any of my players even win media player. I use power DVD too and it plays there all the way through. I will try again following your advise, thank you for the help and the "plowing"

Comment

• sadiegirl
          • Apr 2005

well I tried to do as in the post...

The trick was lowering the read speed to that of "2." Disabling read speed (plextor), and marking "ignore read errors", and telling Decrypter to create an .iso file to burn from was the solution. This was the information I found from with in another posting....

I found how to lower the read speed to 2X, disabled plextor, but I can't figure out how to tell DVDD how to create an .iso file to burn. I apologize for my ignorance of the software but I am new at this. Any help would be appreciated.

Comment

• sadiegirl
            • Apr 2005

well I just noticed the faq and guide section...duh...I take a look through there first

Comment

Working...