Clear All
  • LordVirri
    • Mar 2005

Media Question

What is the best media that u've used?
    What is the current media u use?
    What media would you reccomend?
    How much did they all cost?
    Last edited by LordVirri; 28 Apr 2005, 10:18 AM.
  • LordVirri
    • Mar 2005

Best media ive used is Verbatim - Digital Movie DVD-R
    They cost around 8-10 dollars for a 3 pack.

The current media that i use is Msonic DVD-R ( there pritty ****ty)
    They cost 25 bucks for a 50 pack lol!

I couldnt say cuz ive only used a few types of media but i would recommend a Maxell DVD-R or Verbatim DVD-R

Comment

• LT. Columbo
      Demigod of Digital Video
      • Nov 2004

check to see what suits your set-up best look here

"One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
      Columbo moments...
      "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
      "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
      (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• ormonde
        Digital Video Explorer
        • Dec 2003

"What media would you reccomend?"

I just received a 100 pack of Taiyo Yuden 4X DVD-Rs and I have to say so far they have been fantastic. Ritek has "Slipped" just a little in the quality department - although overall they are still pretty solid (but don't get the G05 - stick with the G04 category). Verbatim, Maxell, and Sony are all very good also.

Comment

• haydenn18
          • Jan 2005

I use Memorex 8X DVD+R. Out of 100+ DVDs that I've copied, I've only had one crap out on me and I think that it was my fault. I was trying to run Media Center at the same time while trying to burn a DVD and I believe that is what caused the problem. Does anyone know if Memorex is a good brand?

Comment

• ormonde
            Digital Video Explorer
            • Dec 2003

"Does anyone know if Memorex is a good brand?"

Overall, you won't get a very "Favorable" response in regards to Memorex at these forums. However, I have used -RW Memorex to do "Test" burns many times without any problems.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
              Demigod of Digital Video
              • Nov 2004

i have to say that memeorex bloody rocks (for me anyway) i also use thr rw- and the r- 4x, not a single flaw yet after approximately 150 burns thus far(knock on wood).
              "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
              Columbo moments...
              "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."

Comment

• rahzel
                just farted
                • Aug 2004

You guys have to realize that the branded logo on the DVD doesnt always tell you who actually made the DVD and that its the media code you should look at. Memorex doesnt even make their own DVD media, they get other manufacturers to make their media and brand it with the Memorex logo. Memorex gets many other manufacturers to make their media which is why they have so many media codes. Most of them arent very good which is why i try to stay away from Memorex media.

The DVD media i heard from MANY experts that are THE best period are:
                -Taiyo Yuden (beware of fakes)
                -Maxell's Made in Japan media (media codes: MXLGR02/03 -R, MAXELL002,003 +R)
                -Verbatim Made in Singapore media (MCC, Mitsubishi Chemicals Corp.)

those 3 are considered to be the best DVD media out there.
                What usually seperates good media from average media is the burn quality, life expectancy, success rate and compatibility.

Right now, i have Taiyo Yuden 8x DVD-R's and Maxell 8x DVD-R's (MXLGR03). Yes they are pricey compared to other DVD media, but they were definitely worth it.
                Last edited by rahzel; 28 Apr 2005, 04:58 PM.

Comment

• ormonde
                  Digital Video Explorer
                  • Dec 2003

"You guys have to realize that the branded logo on the DVD doesnt always tell you who actually made the DVD and that its the media code you should look at."

That's why it is always a good idea to use "DVD Decrypter" or "DVD Identifier" to check the manufacturer of the disk.

Comment

• DiscoInferno
                    • Apr 2005

Maxells +r, all day long. Even my old samsung dvd709 likes them.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                      Demigod of Digital Video
                      • Nov 2004

to rahzel

"You guys have to realize that the branded logo on the DVD doesnt always tell you who actually made the DVD and that its the media code you should look at. Memorex doesnt even make their own DVD media, they get other manufacturers to make their media and brand it with the Memorex logo. Memorex gets many other manufacturers to make their media which is why they have so many media codes"

yes, i am very aware of that. the discs i use are made by cmc, and i don't care what anyone says, these discs have been the best damn media i have used yet. we could discuss and debate forever about media. there are too many factors to have a cut and dry answer for the "right media".....
                      Columbo moments...

Comment

• jmet
                        Super Moderator
                        • Nov 2002

Thread moved to the appropriate forum.

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎