Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WooK
    • Jun 2004

cant convert file to dvd compliant

I have a vob and an mpeg of the same movie, both around 500mb. The vob plays in powerdvd no probs. The mpeg doesnt play in windows media player for some reason. I tried putting the vob through tmpgenc to get it onto a dvd, but it goes through the motions and makes a file but its only the first 5 seconds of the movie . I tried the mpeg and it says the it cant open the file. I put the mpeg through mpeg2cut and u can see the movie through there so i tried editing it a bit and saving it. the resulting file still wont go through tmpgenc. I did the same with the vob with same result. Then I put the vob through flaskmpeg with no luck there either. Anyone have any ideas what the freakin deal is with this mpeg/vob? .
    I have tried tmpgenc dvd author with that vob and it freezes at 4% coz of not enough ram. Even after i reboot it does that same thing. I have used tmpgenc dvd author many times before without this problem
  • WooK
    • Jun 2004

ok i finally got it onto dvd by using dvd lab. Stupid me didnt think of it before

Comment

• setarip
      Retired
      • Dec 2001

Hard to believe that DVDLab would process your file but "TMPGEnc DVD Author" wouldn't - Unless, of course, your descriptions were wrong and you were actually dealing with an SVCD file...

Comment

• WooK
        • Jun 2004

alls i know is it had a .vob extension

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍