all of a sudden getting error messages, why?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jarett
    • May 2005

all of a sudden getting error messages, why?

hello,
    a little bit of history.
    first off it is a brand new computer, only a few months old. I have already made several copies of dvds using dvd decrypter and dvd shrink. these are the only programs i use. everything was working just fine. even had no problems with the movies like elektra, resident evil 2. A few days went by and i went to copy another movie, oceans 12. I did the normal thing as ive always done. use dvd decrypter, then dvd shrink, then used the option in dvd shrink to burn iso with dvd decrypter. then all of a sudden nothing happens, a little time goes by and then i get the error message, something about "can not write medium, incompatable format" . ill try and post the log. so i went to the websites and updated to the newest versions of dvd shrink and decrypter. even uninstalled everything and tried again with all the current version. I am still using the same dvd disks that i was using. i have to 50 pack of dvd-r and dvd+r, both which are about half empty now from previous burns. so i know the disks are not the problem. i then thought well maybe its just oceans 12 so i tried another movie, one that i have already backed up before on this computer. still got the same error. any help you could offer would be great. or if additional info is needed please ask. thanks in advance

I 00:06:04 DVD Decrypter Version 3.5.4.0 started!
    I 00:06:04 Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)
    I 00:06:04 Initialising SPTI...
    I 00:06:04 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...
    I 00:06:04 Found 1 DVD±RW!
    I 00:26:51 Operation Started!
    I 00:26:51 Source File: C:\SHARK_TALE.ISO
    I 00:26:51 Source File Sectors: 2,285,946 (MODE1/2048)
    I 00:26:51 Source File Size: 4,681,617,408 bytes
    I 00:26:51 Source File Implementation Identifier: DVD Shrink
    I 00:26:51 Destination Device: [1:0:0] SONY DVD+-RW DW-D56A PDS3 (D (ATA)
    I 00:26:51 Destination Media Type: DVD-R (Disc ID: RITEKG05) (Speeds: 2x, 4x, 6x)
    I 00:26:51 Destination Media Sectors: 2,297,888
    I 00:26:51 Write Mode: DVD
    I 00:26:51 Write Type: SAO
    I 00:26:51 Write Speed: MAX
    I 00:26:51 Link Size: Auto
    I 00:26:51 Test Mode: Yes
    I 00:26:51 BURN-Proof: Enabled
    I 00:26:51 Filling Buffer...
    I 00:26:53 Writing LeadIn...
    I 00:27:06 Writing Image...
    W 00:33:55 Failed to Write Sectors 6784 - 6815 - Command Sequence Error
    W 00:33:55 Retrying (1 of 20)...
    W 00:33:56 Retry Failed - Command Sequence Error
    W 00:33:56 Retrying (2 of 20)...
    W 00:33:56 Retrying (3 of 20)...
    W 00:33:56 Retrying (4 of 20)...
    W 00:33:56 Retrying (5 of 20)...
    W 00:33:57 Retry Failed - Command Sequence Error
    W 00:33:57 Retrying (6 of 20)...
    W 00:33:57 Retrying (7 of 20)...
    W 00:33:57 Retrying (8 of 20)...
    W 00:33:57 Retrying (9 of 20)...
    W 00:33:58 Retry Failed - Command Sequence Error
    W 00:33:58 Retrying (10 of 20)...
    W 00:33:58 Retrying (11 of 20)...
    W 00:33:58 Retrying (12 of 20)...
    W 00:33:58 Retrying (13 of 20)...
    W 00:33:58 Retrying (14 of 20)...
    W 00:33:59 Retry Failed - Command Sequence Error
    W 00:33:59 Retrying (15 of 20)...
    W 00:33:59 Retrying (16 of 20)...
    W 00:33:59 Retrying (17 of 20)...
    W 00:33:59 Retrying (18 of 20)...
    W 00:33:59 Retrying (19 of 20)...
    W 00:34:00 Retry Failed - Command Sequence Error
    W 00:34:00 Retrying (20 of 20)...
    W 00:34:00 Retry Failed! - Command Sequence Error
    E 00:36:24 Failed to Write Sectors 6784 - 6815 - Command Sequence Error
    I 00:36:24 Synchronising Cache...
    I 00:36:24 Cycling Tray after Test Write...
    E 00:36:24 Failed to Write Image!
    E 00:36:25 Operation Failed! - Duration: 00:09:33
    I 00:36:25 Average Write Rate: 24 KB/s (0.0x) - Maximum Write Rate: 1,384 KB/s (1.0x)
  • cynthia
    Super Moderatress
    • Jan 2004

Hi and welcome to the forum, jarett!

Have you checked out your DMA settings?

Comment

• jarett
      • May 2005

hello again

sorry forgot to add that. yes i checked the dma settings and they are right, just like the web site says. still the same problem, but thanks for the suggestion.
      oh, also forgot to add. that error message is from test mode, but its the same in full mode. i just didnt have any rw disks and i got tired of wasting the others
      Last edited by jarett; 3 May 2005, 10:28 PM.

Comment

• cynthia
        Super Moderatress
        • Jan 2004

Do you have another program that is trying to access your burner at the same time? DVD43 or a similar one?

Comment

• jarett
          • May 2005

not that i know of,(not real sure how to check if something starts automatically) the only other program i have opened is sonic record now. never downloaded any other programs. so no to dvd43.

Comment

• cynthia
            Super Moderatress
            • Jan 2004

What happens if you first close down Sonic Record Now while you use DVD Decrypter?

Comment

• blutach
              Not a god of digital video
              • Oct 2004

Check for firmware updates. That drive can be flashed with LiteOn firmware, IIRC.

Regards
              Les

Essential progs - [PgcEdit] [VobBlanker] [MenuShrink] [IfoEdit] [Muxman] [DVD Remake Pro] [DVD Rebuilder] [BeSweet] [Media Player Classic] [DVDSubEdit] [ImgBurn]

Media and Burning - [Golden Rules of Burning] [Media quality] [Fix your DMA] [Update your Firmware] [What's my Media ID Code?] [How to test your disc]
              [What's bitsetting?] [Burn dual layer disks safely] [Why not to burn with Ner0] [Interpret Ner0's burn errors] [Got bad playback?] [Burner/Media compatibility]

Cool Techniques - [2COOL's guides] [Clean your DVD] [Join a flipper] [Split into 2 DVDs] [Save heaps of Mb] [How to mock strip] [Cool Insert Clips]

Real useful info - [FAQ INDEX] [Compression explained] [Logical Remapping of Enabled Streams] [DVD-Replica] [Fantastic info on DVDs]

You should only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media. Many thanks to www.pcx.com.au for their supply and great service.

Explore the sites and the programs - there's a gold mine of information in them

Don't forget to play the Digital Digest Quiz!!! (Click here)

Comment

• jarett
                • May 2005

no change when record now is shut down. at least i think it is shut down. i did control, alt, delete and brought up all the processes. didnt see it there so i opened record now, it came up, then when i closed record now it went away from the process screen, so i assume its not open now.
                i also did a test and using record now i can make a music cd no problem, if that helps anything

Comment

• blutach
                  Not a god of digital video
                  • Oct 2004

Try it in safe mode. See if that works. Or, in msconfig, get rid of anything that loads up at startup.

But do try a firmware update.

Regards
                  Les

Essential progs - [PgcEdit] [VobBlanker] [MenuShrink] [IfoEdit] [Muxman] [DVD Remake Pro] [DVD Rebuilder] [BeSweet] [Media Player Classic] [DVDSubEdit] [ImgBurn]

Media and Burning - [Golden Rules of Burning] [Media quality] [Fix your DMA] [Update your Firmware] [What's my Media ID Code?] [How to test your disc]
                  [What's bitsetting?] [Burn dual layer disks safely] [Why not to burn with Ner0] [Interpret Ner0's burn errors] [Got bad playback?] [Burner/Media compatibility]

Cool Techniques - [2COOL's guides] [Clean your DVD] [Join a flipper] [Split into 2 DVDs] [Save heaps of Mb] [How to mock strip] [Cool Insert Clips]

Real useful info - [FAQ INDEX] [Compression explained] [Logical Remapping of Enabled Streams] [DVD-Replica] [Fantastic info on DVDs]

You should only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media. Many thanks to www.pcx.com.au for their supply and great service.

Explore the sites and the programs - there's a gold mine of information in them

Don't forget to play the Digital Digest Quiz!!! (Click here)

Comment

• jarett
                    • May 2005

i looked into a firmware update, but the only one i could find was from about 7 months ago. the computer is less than 2 months old so im not sure that would be the right one.
                    plus im a little afraid about flashing because i did it wrong on my desktop and now that dvd burner doesnt work at all.
                    the one im using now is a laptop, dell

Comment

• jarett
                      • May 2005

ok, did some more testing.
                      i went out and bought some dvd+rw disks because i got tired of wasting others. everything went perfect with the dvd+rw, was a complete burn. so i then put in another dvd+r, not a +rw. and it burned with no problems either. however it still will not burn on any of the dvd-r, both memorex and fuji film brands. even though these same disks out of the same bundle have worked perfectly a few days ago. 1 pack was a 50 pack that i have used about 30 already out of. the other pack was a 25 pack that i have used about 15 out of it, all with no problems until now. any suggestions now? please

Comment

• cynthia
                        Super Moderatress
                        • Jan 2004

@ jarett: What went wrong with your desktop burner? What brand/model is it?

Comment

• jarett
                          • May 2005

the one in the desktop came with the computer,(compaq) when i bought it a few years ago. the dvd player is a PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-104. If i remeber right i think i was having some problems with nero so i started to llok for an updated version. one website, dont remember which one, said to look for a firmware update for my drive. did the search, found the one i thought i needed. installed it, ever since then the drive wont work. It wont do anything, except open and close. for some reason it wont recognize anything i put in it. whether its a blank dvd, a copy or even a store bought original. i tried to uninstall and then reinstal and that didnt change anything.
                          so ever since then no more nero and no more firmware updates for me. probably just blameing them for my inexperience

Comment

• cynthia
                            Super Moderatress
                            • Jan 2004

If it don't work anymore - no harm to try to flash it again. There is a firmware on this site for compaq: http://forum.rpc1.org/dl_firmware.php?download_id=298

1. No disc in the burner
                            2. Close down all other programs
                            3. Restart your PC after the flash

Comment

• jarett
                              • May 2005

ok, call me what ever, but which one do i click on to download?
                              is there anyway of telling which one i have now? after i download the file, then what do i do?
                              sorry for all the questions, but thanks for the help.

Comment

Working...