X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Alien Bay
    Always learning
    • Oct 2004

nero logs

I was reading this thread and the responses got me wondering if there was a tutorial or a good thread describing what information can be gleaned out of the nero logs? Or is it a case of learn as you go?
    APOD
  • cynthia
    Super Moderatress
    • Jan 2004

Long and hard training at the Nero school...

There are two rather old guides from Nero. You find the links in this FAQ thread; http://forum.digital-digest.com/show...threadid=45942

Comment

• Alien Bay
      Always learning
      • Oct 2004

Cynthia, you never cease to amaze. Thank you for the reply and the work that went into that link.

So, in referring back to the thread I mentioned, why did the nero log show DMA off, when the poster replied that DMA was on? Is the nero log not 100% accurate?
      APOD

Comment

• cynthia
        Super Moderatress
        • Jan 2004

The vital thing is what is stated in the 'current' window - not that your desired transfer mode is set to be DMA. It's what's in the current window that's important.

Comment

• jmet
          Super Moderator
          • Nov 2002

Most people (newbies) see "Transfer Mode: DMA if available", and automatically assume that DMA is on. When in fact as previously mentioned by cynthia, "Current Transfer Mode:" is what needs to be looked at.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎