Can you Combine IFO, BUP, VOB files to create one file to view in media player?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lmarshall
    • May 2005

Can you Combine IFO, BUP, VOB files to create one file to view in media player?

I have a DVD that I took with my home digital camera. I copied the VOB, IFO, and BUP files from the DVD to my hard drive. Since it is a homevideo I would like to share it with family and friends though emai or posting it on a web site. I was wondering if you could turn these files into something that Windows Media Player supports. If so, what program(s) does this? I downloaded a demo of Flash DVD Ripper. But can not get these files to open in it. I would appreciate any feedback or advice on this topic. I'mm a newbie when it comes to video and formats. Thanks!
  • cynthia
    Super Moderatress
    • Jan 2004

Hi and welcome to the forum, lmarshall!

Windows media player should work. Try to rightclick on the VIDEO_TS.IFO file and select open with and then Windows Media Player.

Comment

• jmet
      Super Moderator
      • Nov 2002

You can use MPC (Media Player Classic) - http://sourceforge.net/project/showf...ckage_id=84358

Comment

• yhsaf
        • Jan 2005

Is that true? I can watch DVDs with Windows Media Player 9? Just open the IFO with WMP start eating popcorn or chips?

Comment

• setarip
          Retired
          • Dec 2001

To lmarshall

"I was wondering if you could turn these files into something that Windows Media Player supports. If so, what program(s) does this?"

Go to:

Digital Digest DivX Xvid Section - List of recommended, top 10 DivX, Xvid and AVI articles, guides and software, latest news and updates

Comment

• cynthia
            Super Moderatress
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by yhsaf
            Is that true? I can watch DVDs with Windows Media Player 9? Just open the IFO with WMP start eating popcorn or chips?
            Should work even without popcorn and chips.

Comment

• lmarshall
              • May 2005

Thanks for all your feedback. I'm still sightly confused on this...

How does this work when you email the files out to like my friends and relatives? There are serveral files in each the Video _TS folder an the Video_RM. Also if I choose to post it to a web site for them to look at as an alternative? After posting the first posting in this forum I downloaded yet another trial version of video editing package called "VideoCharge" I got my movie into an avi format and it plays in Windows Media Player, BUT the wording is off on the motion. and the order of the video is off. I taped a child's school program and child #1 singing and video is after child #2. Really the order of the children doesn't matter that much. Just so that I can get my video and audio in sync. Any ideas for a quick fix on this? Thank you again for all the responses to my previous posting.

Comment

Working...