X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rane13
    • Apr 2005

Just bought nero 6 ultra edition/ A little pissed off

Hey guys,
    I just purchased nero 6 ultra edition from Wal-mart and my situation could be unique or could be common. It was $79.00 which I thought was good but everything on the supplied disc was the old version. So I had to go online and download all 6 sections which sux because I have dial up and took an average of 2 hours a section. They only offer DSL for $60 a month in my small town and I can't justify spending that a month. Anyway I was wondering if that was the norm or it was because of Wal-mart.
    Let me know
    R.
    Holy Crap It Worked!
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

It's probably quite normal. When you consider that NERO generates updates every other month or so, I'm sure you can appreciate how difficult it would be to provide "brick and mortar" entities with the most recent version in hardcopy.

When you think about it, you'll probably have to or choose to go through this lengthy download "experience" several times, if you feel the need to constantly update your NERO package...

Comment

• rane13
      • Apr 2005

@setarip
      I understand all the updates but the box had recode 2 all over it and so did the disc label itself. None of the programs on the box were actrually on the disc. It's like I paid $80 for a web address and a serial number. It would have been nice to just install the disc and go online later and update. If I would have known that I would have ordered from nero.com in the first place. I just thought it would have been a faster simpiler process.
      R.
      Holy Crap It Worked!

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"I understand all the updates but the box had recode 2 all over it and so did the disc label itself."

You didn't specifically state this in your initial post.

If the box and the disc label indicated that it CONTAINED program versions that it didn't, that is illegal.

Are you sure the box and the label didn't make reference to somehow "getting" Recode 2 and other programs not on the actual disc?

What other programs were not on the disc?

Comment

• rane13
          • Apr 2005

@setarip
          I'm at work now but I will double check the fine print as far as what it said on the box and on the disc. As far as what it had on the disc it was the same bundle that came with my dvd burner sony dru710a. Nerovision express 2, nero showtime, burning rom 5, backitup, incd 4 and nero cover designer.
          @postal
          Thanks for the info, mann.
          Holy Crap It Worked!

Comment

Working...