Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mudmangr
    • May 2005

AVI downloads to DVD

I'm in Greece so I work in the PAL system. I download a lot of AVI movies & I want to save them & play on my home DVD player, What is the best method. I am new to this but not to burning DVD's. Appreciate any suggestions
  • wooduck32
    • Feb 2005

Wondering the same

Im downloading a few avi files as well and need to know the same thing.
    Ive tried transfering to dvd video with WINAVI Video Converter, then open with dvd shrink and burn that way, but when play on dvd player is pixelated to the max and unwatchable but when playback though dvd shrink its fine and perfect. Both Reading off the disk ??

Comment

• reboot
      Digital Video Expert
      Digital Video Expert
      • Apr 2004

VSO DivX to DVD.
      My DVDLab (and other) Guides

Comment

• jmet
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2002

@ wooduck32

Originally posted by wooduck32
        Im downloading a few avi files as well and need to know the same thing.
        Ive tried transfering to dvd video with WINAVI Video Converter, then open with dvd shrink and burn that way, but when play on dvd player is pixelated to the max and unwatchable but when playback though dvd shrink its fine and perfect. Both Reading off the disk ??
        If your backup freezes, stutters, skips, or has some pixelation, it is more than likely due to poor quality media being used. Cheap media is poorly manufactured around the edge of the disc, hence the reason why it mostly skips toward the end of the movie. The two main things to consider first are:
        • Is it cheap media that you are using? (ie. some off brand you bought at a local computer store/fair, even a store like Circuit City or Best Buy sells cheap low quality media.)
        • How fast are you burning? - Burn no faster than 4X, might have to go down to 2X with really cheap media.

Also, are you using adhesive labels on your back ups? If so, try removing the labels (if you can) and playing them again. Go here for more info on why not to use labels. - http://forum.digital-digest.com/show...threadid=28604

You can go here for some other possible solutions: http://forum.digital-digest.com/show...threadid=44912

Comment

• wooduck32
          • Feb 2005

Not the problem

Hi thx for the reply but im burning at 4 speed and the movie doesnt go anywhere towards the edge.
          I use max max discs by gigastore and Ive not had any problems with any other discs just the ones im trying to convert.
          And I dont use labels.
          When I say pixelated I mean in wrong colors and just wrong. Totally unwatchable but audio is fine.

Comment

• reboot
            Digital Video Expert
            Digital Video Expert
            • Apr 2004

Check that you have the latest codec, for whatever the video is encoded to. Probably XviD, and older codec versions can mess up newly encoded material.
            Get Gspot and open the avi. It will tell you what's what.
            My DVDLab (and other) Guides

Comment

• tigerman8u
              Lord of Digital Video
              Lord of Digital Video
              • Aug 2003

Does the burnt dvd play ok on your computer? If so I would have to agree with "jmet". Also try to play the dvd from your hard drive with a dvd player software and see what it looks like. Check the quality of your video after each step to pin-point what step went wrong.

Comment

• Kyle_Katarn
                • Jan 2004

Originally Posted by reboot
                Check that you have the latest codec, for whatever the video is encoded to. Probably XviD, and older codec versions can mess up newly encoded material.
                Get Gspot and open the avi. It will tell you what's what.
                I recommand VideoInspector ( http://www.kcsoftwares.com/?vtb ) instead of the outdated GSpot if you want to identify missing codecs.

Concerning the DivX -> DVD operation, I recommand VSO's DivXToDVD
                KC Softwares
                http://www.kcsoftwares.com

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎