Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bwoyrough
    • Jun 2005

Probs With AVI Utl?? Japanese??

I just downloaded AVI Utl, i tried both versions, and both programs load up but all the text where the buttons are are showing squares where the text is supposed to be, and question marks, i think it's maybe because it's originally in japanese???
    I downloaded a translator and it makes no difference, any ideas?
  • jmet
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2002

That is a known problem when downloading the programs from p2p clients, such as KaZaA or similar. I suggest you actually buy the program.

Comment

• bwoyrough
      • Jun 2005

I don't download any software from P2P programs, i got this program from your website link!!

Comment

• bwoyrough
        • Jun 2005

Also just to let u know i do not use programs like Kazzaa, Morpeus etc. very bad for your computer as the files are full of viruses!
        I do use P2P programs but only well trusted ones, and only share files with friends who i know and trust, i'm also very familiar with computer security.

Comment

• setarip
          Retired
          • Dec 2001

For a version with (an apparently required) English plugin, go to:

Also, per the DivXDigest site from which you downloaded: "AviUtl is a very useful AVI editing tool - the pack available to download on this page was made available by Doom9, including the english readmes (please read it if you are having trouble with the language of the GUI)." So, perhaps, you just have to do a little reading of what you already possess...

Be wary of highly opinionated and oft'times unsubstantiated statements made in response to your questions at these forums...
          Last edited by setarip; 3 Jun 2005, 07:32 AM.

Comment

• bwoyrough
            • Jun 2005

Hi,
            Thanks for that setarip, i was getting a little paranoid as to some of the replies i was getting, i'm new to the forum and just need some help, why the sarky comments from some people i don't know!!
            Thanks 4 that anyway, i will try the download u sugested, i have read all the readme files in with the download i have and it doesn't mention anything about the japanese, even thought in the download title it says it has a language pack with it.
            Thanks,
            Pete

Comment

• bwoyrough
              • Jun 2005

Hi,
              I just tried the download, and it still appears in japanese!! :@(
              It clearly says on the download it has a english translator thing with it, i've read all the redme files, maybe i need to put one of the DLL's or similar into my sys folder??
              The program contains several files with unkown file extensions like: AUL, VFP,SAV,AUF,AUO and an INI
              Any help apreciated.

I basically need a program which will lewt me adjust the screen size of my AVI's aswell as the brightness, i have tried virtualdub but i'm having a problem with an error it gives me when saving, something to do with my hard drive needing formatting i've been told, as it's a FAT32 drive.

Comment

• setarip
                Retired
                • Dec 2001

"Thanks for that setarip"

My pleasure ;>}

"i was getting a little paranoid as to some of the replies i was getting, i'm new to the forum and just need some help, why the sarky comments from some people i don't know!!"

Sometimes, especially when you know you're right, you just have to have a thick skin ;>}

For the most part, you'll get a lot of good, positive feedback at these forums...

Be wary of highly opinionated and often unsubstantiated statements made in response to your questions at these forums...

I hope you're able to figure out how to (if it's actually possible) access the English menu for that program.

Comment

Working...