Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JPSelter
    • Jun 2005

16:9 footage in a 4:3 project

I´m making a little MakingOf movie about a project I did a few weeks ago for university. The movie itself was 16:9 and this new MakingOf will be 4:3 as 60% of the new MakingOf clips taken from another source are 4:3. So I have both ratios in one project. Will it work? I have all my 4:3 clips on my harddrive and now I´m about to capture the 16:9 clips. But how shall I proceed? Shall I capture the 16:9 clips in 16:9 or in 4:3? I will have to convert them to 4:3 later anyway. Another question is how can I convert them without getting blurry or stretched picture. Is there a software that can do this? Thanks for help!
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Welcome to the Digital Video Forums of Digital Digest!

What format of video and what type of media (if any) do you intend to use for this project?

If you have more questions, always feel free to ask them...

Comment

• JPSelter
      • Jun 2005

I am capturing from a DV Cam (Sony) via Firewire into Adobe Premiere (DV-AVI).

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

If all of the clips are of the identical resolution, framerate, audio, etc., you should be readily able to join all of these clips by using VirtualDub as follows:

Joining two .AVIs can be accomplished in VirtualDub (or any of its variants) by simply:

1) Loading the first file and then, from the "File" dropdown menu selecting "Append .AVI segment" and loading the second file.

2) Set BOTH "Video" and "Audio" to "Direct Stream Copy"

3) Repeat the "Append" procedure for all remaining clips

4) Save with a new filename

If you have more questions, always feel free to ask them...

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎