Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your most hated film of 2004/2005/2006/2007/2008/2009/2010/2011/2012/2013?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chewy
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2003

kind of sums it up, what hollywood is doing to fill those seats

Comment

• LT. Columbo
      Demigod of Digital Video
      • Nov 2004

Originally Posted by Chewy
      http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/night_at_the_museum/
      kind of sums it up, what hollywood is doing to fill those seats
      those reviews tell me i'll like it.
      "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
      Columbo moments...
      "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
      "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
      (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• photo_angel2004
        Queen of Digital Video
        Queen of Digital Video
        • Jan 2004

Ok against better judgement I actually watched Snakes on a plane.

I guess it wasnt too bad the story line was ok but the snakes were so fake it was actually funny.

There were a few shots where the snakes looked real but for the most part it was like watching a bunch of rubber snakes moving around.

With all the technology that there is on animation that could have been done better as least I think so.

IMGburn ** ** Nero 6.6.0.18 **Intelli Type Pro 6.1 **

Comment

• nwg
          Left *****
          • Jun 2003

Originally Posted by photo_angel2004
          With all the technology that there is on animation that could have been done better as least I think so.
          It's down to budget. SOAP is no more than a B film with a B film budget. It just got popular from Internet hype (Blair Witch Project).

Comment

• volfann
            Digital Video Enthusiast
            Digital Video Enthusiast
            • Jun 2006

I'm sure Mr. Jackson was well compensated for his role in S.O.A.P. His back had to be hurting from carrying all the dead weight. Very few actors could have pulled it off the way he did and turn a B grade piece of crap into a fairly enjoyable film. Cheers to you Mr. Jackson!!
            sigpic

Rent This Space

Comment

• nwg
              Left *****
              • Jun 2003

Originally Posted by volfann
              I'm sure Mr. Jackson was well compensated for his role in S.O.A.P. His back had to be hurting from carrying all the dead weight. Very few actors could have pulled it off the way he did and turn a B grade piece of crap into a fairly enjoyable film. Cheers to you Mr. Jackson!!
              It could have ended up like Snakes on a Train. A straight to DVD cash in with no name actors and is one of the worse films ever made.

Comment

• photo_angel2004
                Queen of Digital Video
                Queen of Digital Video
                • Jan 2004

Originally Posted by nwg
                It's down to budget. SOAP is no more than a B film with a B film budget. It just got popular from Internet hype (Blair Witch Project).
                I liked that one, was different and original. I thought that the lack of technology on that one made it look more real ... like someone really did that with their own video camera and thats what happened.

Even though it wasnt at all true.

That has to be the lowest budget movie with the largest profit margin ever. LOL

No name actors no money spent on the making and look how many people went to see it and bought the VHS (back then LMFAO)

IMGburn ** ** Nero 6.6.0.18 **Intelli Type Pro 6.1 **

Comment

• Dan
                  Digital Video Master
                  Digital Video Master
                  • Dec 2005

Blair Witch still has the honors Based on Return on Investment...

Budget $35,000
                  Worldwide Gross $248,300,000
                  Percentage Return 354,614.29%

On the other end are beauty's like Town & Country, Stealth and Pluto Nash.

Comment

• volfann
                    Digital Video Enthusiast
                    Digital Video Enthusiast
                    • Jun 2006

Don't forget about those two over bloated turkeys "Heavens Gate" and "Ishtar"
                    sigpic

Rent This Space

Comment

• BR7
                      He is coming to your little town!
                      • Aug 2005

I just got done watching "The Illusionist" I have to say I really liked it.It was a bit predictable but IMHO it didn't hurt the movie one bit it was beautifully written and directed.Edward Norton,Jessica Biel and Paul Giamatti were fantastic. I was most impressed with Giamatti he proved to me that there is no need to type cast him as the silly man all the time he showed he can play the serious character.

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• NightTran
                        King of Digital Video
                        King of Digital Video
                        • Aug 2005

Originally Posted by BR7
                        I definitely have Feb.13 marked on my calender I can't wait to see "The Departed".I almost bought "The Illusionist" today but I got The Wire Season 1(HBO Series),The Descent,The Wicker Man and Crank instead.I am going to get it next week though along with "Invincible". As for The Guardian,Fly Boys and Flags Of Our Fathers this is first I have heard of them and I will check them out.I do agree with you on "The Good Shepherd" I expect it to be very good

@nwg
                        Yes it was the R1 unrated version
                        Just watch Departed yesterday and it is good, may wait a few more day for the Good Shepherd
                        sigpic

Comment

• BR7
                          • Aug 2005

Thanks for the encouragement Night Far as I am concerned you can never go wrong with a Scorsese flick

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• volfann
                            Digital Video Enthusiast
                            Digital Video Enthusiast
                            • Jun 2006

@BR7- Giamatti is one of the better supporting actors around today. If you haven't seen it yet you should see him in "Cinderella Man". This guy has really studued his craft well.. Check out his Bio! Even his considerable acting skills couldn't save "Lady In The Water" though. That was one film I expected more from and was totally let down when I finally got to see it.. Waste of good talent.

On a sillier note: "Mexican Werewolf In Texas" was one of the silliest pieces of crap I have ever suffered through lately. I wasn't expecting too much from it but it couldn't even scare my kids. Stay away from this turkey.. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0756689/
                            sigpic

Rent This Space

Comment

• BR7
                              • Aug 2005

I have not seen "Cinderella Man" yet but I will give it a look.Thanks for the warning on "Lady In The Water" I almost bought it twice now but I kept seeing other movies I wanted more.I also watched the "The Da Vinci Code" & "Superman II The Richard Donner Collection" and loved both of them.I am very suprised by the low rating on imdb I thought The Da Vinci Code was better then 6.5 it's getting I found the movie very interesting and well told.As for Superman II RDC it's a shame they didn't let him do it his way in the first place we could have seen a better series IMO
                              Last edited by BR7; 20 Jan 2007, 02:40 AM.

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                                Demigod of Digital Video
                                • Nov 2004

i thought da vinci was pretty good too, cinderella man is a must see. i was reluctant because of the title, but a fine film.
                                "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
                                Columbo moments...
                                "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
                                "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
                                (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎