Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gary172
    • Sep 2004

'The Outer Limits'

I am trying to backup season 2, Disc 1 of 'The Outer Limits'. It is a two sided disc. The disc plays fine in a standalone player, but it not seen/recognized in either the DVD burner or CD burner/DVD-Rom combo unit. As far as windows explore goes, the drive is empty.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Bet Regards

Edit: AFter several loads and ejects, it appears it has finally been recognized. Don't understand what happened, but all is OK now. This has never happened to me before.

Best Regards
    Last edited by gary172; 10 Jun 2005, 01:39 PM.
    ASUS P5K Deluxe, Q6700 + Thermalright Ultra120 Xtreme, ASUS EN8600GT, 2x1GB G.Skill 6400CL4D-2GBHK, 2 RAID-0 volumes, plus 1HD for O/S. Lian Li case.

Old system: IC7G-maxII, dual channel 512Meg, HT; 2.8P4; Plex 716A - F.W. 1.10; ICH5R Raid0; SilImg RAID0.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Perhaps "they" took control of your horizontal and vertical ;>}

You might want to try running a DVD/CD cleaning disc on both your burner and your DVD-ROM. Maxell makes one that retails for approximately $10US

If you have more questions, always feel free to ask them...
    "Necessity is the Mother of Invention" - NOT a quote by Frank Zappa

Comment

• gary172
      • Sep 2004

They took control alright!! You should see a YOUNG William Shatner; Michael Ansara ('The Soldier': folks claim this inspired the 'Terminator' movies, husband of 'I Dream of Jeanie', Barbra Eden) one of the stars of 'Broken Arrow'.
      The best one is 'Demon(?) with a Glass Hand' (Robert Culp).

Have I sufficiently dated myself? Yes, I built a one transistor radio with a Ratheon germanium transistor, CK722.

Unfortunately, only one side gets recognized, in either of my optical drives. This is after multiple attempts at cleaning.

Oh well. not a biggy.

Best Regards
      ASUS P5K Deluxe, Q6700 + Thermalright Ultra120 Xtreme, ASUS EN8600GT, 2x1GB G.Skill 6400CL4D-2GBHK, 2 RAID-0 volumes, plus 1HD for O/S. Lian Li case.

Old system: IC7G-maxII, dual channel 512Meg, HT; 2.8P4; Plex 716A - F.W. 1.10; ICH5R Raid0; SilImg RAID0.

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"Have I sufficiently dated myself?"

(Old joke) Probably the best date you ever had!

"Yes, I built a one transistor radio with a Ratheon germanium transistor, CK722."

(One upsmanship) The first one I built was a crystal radio - required wrapping the "antenna" around the waterpipe under the kitchen sink ;>}

"Necessity is the Mother of Invention" - NOT a quote by Frank Zappa

Comment

• Alien Bay
          Always learning
          • Oct 2004

Have I sufficiently dated myself? Yes, I built a one transistor radio with a Ratheon germanium transistor, CK722
          Atari or Commodore
          APOD

Comment

• Walmart
            • May 2004

Commmodore or even sinclair, apple, apricot, mattel,atari 2600, prinztronic 2500 or something sim, colecovision, that spelling does not look right.

Comment

• gary172
              • Sep 2004

Ya, I did the crystal radio thing too. I had the antenna strung zig-zag across the entire bedroom ceiling. Looked like a giant egg slicer.
              My dad came in, looked up, and I could read the expression on his face, like 'what did I get him into?'

Comment

• Alien Bay
                Always learning
                • Oct 2004

I remember loading programs.. ie games via a cassette and cassette deck on my Atari 800. Buddy of mine who got the first floppy drive was king of the universe.
                APOD

Comment

• setarip
                  Retired
                  • Dec 2001

"Ya, I did the crystal radio thing too. I had the antenna strung zig-zag across the entire bedroom ceiling."

Now that I think about it, the wire wrapped around the sink pipe was the Ground ;>}

Comment

Working...