Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: IfoEdit - Failed to Note Main Movie w/ DeCrypter

Gold Member
    Gold Member

Question IfoEdit - Failed to Note Main Movie w/ DeCrypter

From the DVD Backup Guide for DVD Backup using IfoEdit here: http://www.dvdr-digest.com/articles/18_4.html , Important (Note) #1 from Step 1: Rip the entire DVD using DVD Decrypter, says...

You need to remember which title set and files contains the main movie.

and

Step 2 says to load the title set into IfoEdit.

I have a ripped movie on my hard drive that I ripped a long time ago and I didn't note at the time which files contained the main movie.

I'm not even sure whether I ripped it with Decrypter or Shrink, though it was probably Decrypter. (Is there a way to tell?) Attached is a screenshot of the list of files.

I'm going to guess the main movie title is VTS_01_x.VOB where x is 1 through 7. I might also guess that VTS_01_0.VOB and VTS_01_0.BUP are not in the main title because in the example in the guide (under Important #1) the example movie has a very similar looking file list and those two files are not in the that main movie title.

Do you think I'm guessing correctly here? Could I can proceed with these files? I was thinking of including the above two VTS_01 files anyway to be safer (?). Will that screw anything up if they didn't actually need to be included?

I figure to try the burn onto DVD RWs and if it's successful just copy them over to DVD Rs later.

EDIT NOTE: I am in IfoEdit and it only gives me two IFO files to chose from: VTS_01 and VTS_02. i.e. It doesn't list all the VTS_x_x files seperately anyway. I'd say VTS_01 is the correct answer. It would seem I'm OK and on the right track here. (I think.)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by TomBrooklyn; 11 Jun 2005 at 02:03 PM

Yes, based on the filesizes, it appears that Title 1 is the movie

No, based on the combined filesize, it doesn't seem that DVD Shrink was used...

If you have more questions, always feel free to ask them...
    "Necessity is the Mother of Invention" - NOT a quote by Frank Zappa

Not a god of digital video blutach's Avatar

VTS_01_0.VOB is a small menu. The main menu could be in VIDEO_TS.VOB. It's hard to tell.

Take the BUPs - they are copies of the IFOs and are necessary.

Don't forget to do a Get VTS Sectors.

Regards

Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video

open the vob in wmp or similiar and see what it plays.

Gold Member
    Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by tigerman8u
    open the vob in wmp or similiar and see what it plays.
    Hi folks. Thanks for the assistance. In Windows Media Classic I was able to play Disk 1 fine but not Disk 2. Disk 2 was recognized but wouldn't play.

I checked a few things, and found one apparent error but it still didn't play. Due to time constraints I abandoned the effort and burned the backup to one disk. I'll take anohter crack at splitting to two disks with IfoEdit another time.

Gold Member
    Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by blutach
    Don't forget to do a Get VTS Sectors.
    Hi blutach,
    I did do "Get VTS Sectors", and after a couple of times that I went back and fixed something I redid it. I was wondering if it was proper or neccessary to redo it after any change or adjustment.

Thread Information