Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • drjyunis
    • Mar 2005

Another Media Question

If you make 2 backups of the same movie. 1 on great media and 1 on poor media and both come out perfect. Will the great media one last longer?
    I mean is a good burn a good burn regardless of the media or are there other reasons to invest in better media? I have had great results with poor media and am wondering if it is worth it to buy better?

Thanks
    Last edited by drjyunis; 13 Jun 2005, 11:57 AM.
  • Alien Bay
    Always learning
    • Oct 2004

buy better.
    I have had great results with poor media
    It's a backup, right. You seem to be analyzing to death.
    APOD

Comment

• setarip
      Retired
      • Dec 2001

"I have had great results with poor media and am wondering if it is worth it to buy better?"

Every now and again, rumours surface claiming that poor quality DVD media doesn't last as long as high quality media. I personally have never seen any facts or tests that substantiate this...

Comment

• Grain
        Last name? I'd rather not say, my brother's in politics.
        • Jun 2005

I have an entire 100 disc spindle of cheap e3Works +R's laying in the corner of my office, they all "deteriorated" after 3-6 months. Completely unreadable now. Worked 100% out of the burner, then they slowly stopped. If your just backing up a few discs, you could gamble with cheap discs, but if your doing a lot, why risk having this problem when another dime or 2 per disc will prevent it.
        "Let's get down to brass tacks, how much for the ape?"

Comment

• jmet
          Super Moderator
          • Nov 2002

Cheap disc are impossible to read from also. You will get CR C errors while trying to read cheap, poorly manufactured disc. Even if they are scratch free and clean.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎