• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • raymondtrudeau
    Gold Member
    Gold Member
    • Jun 2005

how do i burn it to a dvd using nero

i have a iso image of a movie saved to my c drive..how do i burn it to a dvd using nero? i have tried decrypter bur i keep getting a I/0 error?
  • jmet
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2002

I/O error basically means your burner/writer is having a hard time writing to that disc.

You can do 3 things.
    1. Update your firmware
    2. Try to clean them (if they are dirty)
    3. Buy a different brand of media, I am assuming the ones you are experiencing these I/O errors with are cheap media

Comment

• tigerman8u
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • Aug 2003

check here in the dvd burner section for media compatibility www.videohelp.com
      with nero you click ISO under the dvd tab in the new compilation window.
      If dvddecrypter won't burn the ISO i don't think nero will.
      do as jmet stated and check the url I gave you.

Comment

• DVD-Dude
        • Jun 2005

Questions to all:
        Just started.
        I'm using DVD-Shrink(latest version) and then Nero burning rom(latest version). Using Sonic DVD-R (shop4tech) and burning at 4x using Pioneer 109, closed all programs including internet during burn.
        Most of the time I'm getting great results with the movie but some burns the movie freeze for a second and looks like little tiny squares(like big pixels) for another second and then continues to play normal throughout the entire movie on my stand alone player (Coby). Always plays perfect on my PC.
        Can anyone help with solutions to this problem?
        Thanks.....Happy shrinking and burning wishes to all!

Comment

• clink
          theboss@clinks
          • Jun 2005

Originally Posted by raymondtrudeau
          i have a iso image of a movie saved to my c drive..how do i burn it to a dvd using nero? i have tried decrypter bur i keep getting a I/0 error?
          Open nero - turn off wizard - select recorder from top menu - select burn image.

Hope this helps

Comment

• jmet
            Super Moderator
            • Nov 2002

Welcome to the forums DVD-Dude!

Slow your burn speed down to 4X and/or use better media.

If your backup freezes, stutters, skips, or has some pixelation, it is more than likely due to poor quality media being used. Cheap media is poorly manufactured around the edge of the disc, hence the reason why it mostly skips toward the end of the movie. The two main things to consider first are:
            • Is it cheap media that you are using? (ie. some off brand you bought at a local computer store/fair, even a store like Circuit City or Best Buy sells cheap low quality media.)
            • How fast are you burning? - Burn no faster than 4X, might have to go down to 2X with really cheap media.

Also, are you using adhesive labels on your back ups? If so, try removing the labels (if you can) and playing them again. Go here for more info on why not to use labels. - http://forum.digital-digest.com/show...threadid=28604

You can go here for some other possible solutions: http://forum.digital-digest.com/show...threadid=44912

Also try lowering outcome the "Target DVD size".

Open DVD Shrink. Click "Edit", then "Preferences". On the first tab at the top in the drop down box, change it from "DVD-5 (4.7GB) to "Custom" and enter a number of 4200MB (4464MB is burning to the edge of the disc, you want to stay away from the edge as the edge of cheap media (disc's) are poorly manufactured). Screen Shot Below:

Comment

• DVD-Dude
              • Jun 2005

JMET, Thanks for the reply, I'm burning with Nero at 4x but there is no option for 2x. The pixelation occurs very seldom throughout the movie, hardly ever in the begging or the end so I dont know if its the media(sonic). Most of my DVDs burn perfect with no freezes or pixelation. I'm not using any adhesives...I was reading something on firmware....what in the world is that? Thanks again.

Comment

• jmet
                Super Moderator
                • Nov 2002

How much compression are you using?

Could you post a log file from Nero ?

To do so, go here: C:\Program Files\Ahead\Nero
                Look for a file named "NeroHistory.log"
                Open that file up and copy it.
                Then paste it here.

The drop down box next to "Write Speed:" is where you change the burn speed. (Screen Shot Below)

Comment

• DVD-Dude
                  • Jun 2005

Sorry, but I'm not saving the logs since evrytime it's a succesful burn. What media to you recommend?

Thanks

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                    Demigod of Digital Video
                    • Nov 2004

by jmet:

To do so, go here: C:\Program Files\Ahead\Nero
                    Look for a file named "NeroHistory.log"
                    Open that file up and copy it.
                    Then paste it here.

they must be there, please post it.
                    "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
                    Columbo moments...
                    "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
                    "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
                    (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• DVD-Dude
                      • Jun 2005

ok, I will look for it...

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                        Demigod of Digital Video
                        • Nov 2004

there are more than one, the most recent will be at the bottom of the list.
                        "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
                        Columbo moments...
                        "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."

Comment

• jmet
                          Super Moderator
                          • Nov 2002

I think you are using to much compression, hence the reason why you are seeing pixelazation and artifacts at random parts of the movie.

I think you need to "Re-author" the main movie only.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                            Demigod of Digital Video
                            • Nov 2004

"Most of the time I'm getting great results with the movie but some burns the movie freeze for a second and looks like little tiny squares(like big pixels) for another second and then continues to play normal throughout the entire movie on my stand alone player"

while to much compression may be applied, the pixels would be most noted during high panning scenes. since there is an actual freeze, it sounds like a burn/media issue.
                            Columbo moments...

Comment

• jmet
                              Super Moderator
                              • Nov 2002

columbo, have you ever burnt and watched a disc with way to much compression used? (like 50 to 55% compression)

I have, and yes it does resemble "freezing", although its not actually freezing.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎