Other requirements for true digital output when using DVI-D card and monitor?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MaxiMonium
    • Jun 2005

Other requirements for true digital output when using DVI-D card and monitor?

basically, if i purchase a digital monitor with a digital graphics card, then i want to make sure that my standard pentium 4 pc will have all the requirements so that i get true digital output onto the monitor. So my first question is:

Are all the primary central components digital. components like RAM, hard drives, CPU, motherboard. i know they are. but i would like to have confirmations.

Do i need windows XP or windows XP MCE in order to get true digital output on the soon to be purchased Digital lcd monitor running a digital graphics card (DVI-D). or will any OS work.

and finally, do i need a special graphic or video file format that would output a digital image on the digital monitor or will standards like BMP and AVi work!

if you have the answers and you reply, then i thank you!

MaxiMonium
  • awesomeincalg
    • Dec 2004

Digital monitors, coupled with a high-end graphics card will display the best possible rendition of ANY image. That is to say, garbage in, garbage out...The higher quality input ie. digital movie, will display it in the highest resolution. You can see the difference.

Lower image quality will get only so good, kinda like focusing a camera. When it's the sharpest it can get, that's all there is! This is why they are developing blu-ray and the other format, more resolution = more data to read. The blu-ray discs can hold 80? gigs. Bigger screens need more resolution.

Remember, in a theater they use analog data (film) to get that size of a picture. Then they shrink (compress) the data to digital format on a dual layer disc. Try to play that disc on the theater screen, and it'll look very poor. Get it now? )

Hope this helps!
    Last edited by awesomeincalg; 22 Jun 2005, 08:43 AM.

Comment

Working...