Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • S.I.
    • Jun 2005

playing VCD file on computer

I've spent hours picking through this fourm and can't find an answer to this problem.

I downloaded a VCD file with two CD's and I have tried everything to watch this file. I have the latest Nero, Windows Media player, Real one player, and power DVD. None of these can play the file.

I unzipped the first file in the list of maybe 60 little files and it spews out two big files. A bin file and a Cue file.

I've tried dragging and dropping, and I even tried to burn it to a cd and a dvd, neither worked. I obviously don't know jack about these things and I've been reading but have gotten nowhere. if sombody could please help me out or atleast point me in the right direction, I would greatly appreciatet it.

thank you
  • jmet
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2002

where did you get this VCD file?

Comment

• S.I.
      • Jun 2005

I downloaded it from another forum, it's a documentry. Does this make a difference?
      Last edited by S.I.; 22 Jun 2005, 04:44 PM.

Comment

• sfheath
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Sep 2003

The difference is mainly that downloads are at best, dodgy in performance or legality.
        For some background info on the VCD standard, see www.videohelp.com/vcd.
        For use on your PC I don't think you need to burn to media, just a hard drive folder.
        This isn't a learning curve ... this is b****y mountaineering!

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎