Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • osmaphon
    • Jul 2005

Burning problem with Ulead DVD MovieFactory

I am a beginner in DVD creation. Together with my new computer and DVD-Writer, I got "Ulead DVD MovieFactory 3.5 Suite". For trial, I copied data from a DVD, worked it out deleting and arranging scenes for about one week. And finally I thought that every thing was ready for burning.
    But when I start burning, it stops suddenly, without any error message, after about 3 minutes. Just before "crashing" the screen reads: Total Process: %10 "Preparing videa title data"; Partial Process: %1 "Converting videa editing title".
    I tried several times with the same result, even when I tried to save the data on disc, rather then burning a blank DVD.

What might the problem be. This is a gift software as given with the driver. There is immediate demand for updating, of-course with charge. But I do not want the update for Ulead, before seeing that it works.

Suggestions are well-come. Any good working other program info is also appreciated.

Thanks.
    OS.
  • tigerman8u
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Aug 2003

have you been able to successfully burn anything before this or is this your first attempt. Have you tried a burning software such as nero. you can d/l a trial version from their website. check here in the dvd burner section for dvd burner/media compatibility.

Comment

• osmaphon
      • Jul 2005

Now, after receiving your input I tried with Nero, which was also installed in my computer initially given with the drives: "NeroVision Express 2 SE". I tried with rather two short files and it worked. The produced DVD can be played on a normal DVD player; but without sound!

Comment

• tigerman8u
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Aug 2003

does the original play with sound. save the output from nero to your hard drive and see if it has sound

Comment

• osmaphon
          • Jul 2005

The original files are with sound, I can listen to them when played with Windows Media Player. Some files created by Ulead staying under a subdirectory "...\Ulead DVD MovieFactory\3.0\DMF_TEMP\Convert" are also with sound. In this directory there are some files which can be opened, and some which cannot be opened.
          When the files are opend with Nero, there is no sound also by design time.
          I think the original files are ok. The drive and writing software is also ok. But there is some problem with the Ulead software.
          My version of Nero does not allow to edit the files. On the web now there is a version of Nero which can also do editing (and I need to edit).
          Should I try on with Ulead, or should I switch to Nero?
          Last edited by osmaphon; 3 Jul 2005, 10:08 PM. Reason: addition

Comment

• tigerman8u
            Lord of Digital Video
            Lord of Digital Video
            • Aug 2003

Personally I never had any problem (big) with Ulead. For authoring I like Tmpgenc dvd Author. You can d/l a trial version from their website. Save the output from Ulead MF to your hard drive and check it to see if you have sound.

Comment

Working...