IFO problem - No audio from DVD in DVD player but theres audio when VOB played in PC

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BiblioBob
    • Jul 2005

IFO problem - No audio from DVD in DVD player but theres audio when VOB played in PC

Hi everyone,

This is my first post. Ive read the faq's, searched the forum best I can for a solution, with no luck, so please forgive me if this has already been answered.

I've got this DVD - VOBs and IFOs.
    It has english audio and Polish audio stream in the VOB files.

Menu choices are: 1-english DD, 2-english DTS, 3-Polish.

When I play it in the DVD player, 1 and 2 do not play with sound, but when 3 is selected then Polish can be heard.

If I play the VOB files using VLC media player then you can select 1 and 2 english. So I know the english sound is in there. This leads me to conclude that there may be a problem with the IFO's not being setup to include or play english as a default in the DVD player.

Is there a way to force the english track to be played only without having to demux etc the vobs and rebuild or create new menu system / IFOS.

Or is there anyway to fix the problem....please help or point me in the right direction... A load of help would be much more appreciated.

Thanks all
  • jmet
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2002

Welcome to the Digital Digest Video forum BiblioBob!

While the DVD is playing, try hitting the "Audio" button (or similar) on your DVD players remote. See is you can hear it then.

Comment

• BiblioBob
      • Jul 2005

Cheers jmet,

-"While the DVD is playing, try hitting the "Audio" button (or similar) on your DVD players remote. See is you can hear it then"-

Sorry, but I forgot to add or make clear, that when playing the DVD in a DVD player the default audio is english, which does not play. Then selecting the second audio stream via the 'Audio Button' does not play, but then selecting the third audio stream via the 'Audio Button' then I get Polish.

I hope this clears things up a little and hope someone can point me in the right direction.

Thanks

Comment

• jmet
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2002

Is this a commercial DVD or a copy?

Comment

Working...