Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • proto-man
    • Jul 2005

Best Video Editor

HI. I was wondering what is the best video editor. I am aware that this forum section is for dvd editing. However, since dvd and video are related, i decided that maybe you guys could help me. I am terribly sorry if you don't allow video discussions.

I was wondering what software would be best for me if i plan to edit mpg or avi. I have tried Pinnacle studio and showbiz 2. They are great software, however, i need a software that will allow me to edit frames. For example, if i could add pictures on a frame or add a frame to a video. Something like Flash (like adding rectangles and text) but for a video. I want to put some special effects on the video but i can only do that if i can add frames to a video and start making it from scratch, or duplicate a previous layer and add effects to that. Is there any editor software like Flash expect for a video. i would appreciate any help in this matter.
  • tigerman8u
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Aug 2003

I like Ulead videostudio. easy to use and good results. you can d/l a trial version from the ulead website.

Comment

• nwg
      Left *****
      • Jun 2003

I use MPEG Video Wizard and MPEG-VCR. They are frame accurate as well unlike some editors.

Comment

• proto-man
        • Jul 2005

Thanks for the replies. I was just wondering can you add new frames using those programs and or export/import frames. Can I put some images on existing frames in the movie. Can a add shapes to new frames, change their background, add text, etc... I will be sure to try out those programs but can i do all that stuff with them. Do not worry about the price, i just need to know if they are worth it.

Comment

• atifsh
          Lord of Digital Video
          Lord of Digital Video
          • May 2003

perhaps u need Ulead® MediaStudio Pro 7, and its function called Video Paint.....
          checkout the site for more, trial is avaiable.
          Turn your life’s best moments into stunning movies with Corel VideoStudio! Get creative with drag-and-drop stylish templates, artistic filters, titles, transitions, and the whole palette of advanced editing tools. Get your FREE trial.
          Seems like as soon you buy somehing, v. 2 comes out 1.5 times as fast!..!

Comment

• ZZ-Diego
            • Feb 2005

Originally Posted by nwg
            I use MPEG Video Wizard and MPEG-VCR. They are frame accurate as well unlike some editors.

http://womble.com/products/
            me too

womble mpeg vcr is great
            Diego: Why did you do that? you could've died trying to rescue me.
            Manfred: That's what you do in a herd, you look out for one another.

Comment

• simple cut
              • Jul 2005

you can try edius3,premiere pro & after effects

Comment

• tigerman8u
                Lord of Digital Video
                Lord of Digital Video
                • Aug 2003

as stated above mpeg video wizard also is a good program I use alot

Comment

• pbates
                  • Nov 2004

Pinnacle Liquid Edition, hands down. A pro package, admittedly, and one you must use a component (as opposed to integrated video) card with, but once you've learned it, you can do ANYTHING.

Comment

Working...