X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 2COOL
    Kamen Moderator V3
    • Aug 2003

Inquiry on reputation function

Stupid question but I can't seem to find any reference to the reputation function in this forum. How does it work?

2CL C Henshin!
    If you got a dollar for everytime someone called you ugly, you'd be a millionaire...an "ugly" millionaire.±

• jmet
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2002

Click the "User CP" link at the top left, then scroll down to bottom.

Your "Reputation" level comes from other members.

Comment

• cynthia
      Super Moderatress
      • Jan 2004

Think you get 3 scores from a mod and 1 from regular member.

Every member starts at 10 points.

How many points you need to get two gren dots - only admin knows.

Comment

• admin
        Administrator
        • Nov 2001

The reputation system allows you to give positive or negative points (yes, your points total can be in the negative) to other members (and leave optional comments). You start off with 10 points.

The default reputation levels are:

-50 or less points: User is infamous around these parts
        -50 to -10: User can only hope to improve
        -10 to 0: User has a little shameless behaviour in the past
        0 to 10: User is an unknown quantity at this point
        10 to 50: User is on a distinguished road
        50 to 150: User will become famous soon enough
        150 to 250: User has a spectacular aura about
        250 to 350: User is a jewel in the rough
        350 to 450: User is just really nice
        450 to 550: User is a glorious beacon of light
        550 to 650: User is a name known to all
        650 to 1000: User is a splendid one to behold
        1000 to 1500: User has much to be proud of
        1500 to 2000: User has a brilliant future
        2000+: User has a reputation beyond repute

You can view your own reputation points, but you can't view the exact point of others. You can, however, sort the member list based on reputations, and you can hover your mouse over the reputation image to see a text description of your current reputation level. The repuation image will change colour based on what level you are - red for negative points, bright red for high negative points and similarly green and bright green for positive points.

Each user also have what is known as a reputation altering power (default is 1) - basically, this determines how many points you give to (or take away from) other users per click. This power depends on the user group, the amount of time you've been here, the number of posts you've made and the number of reputation points you have. I don't think normal users can check their reputation power, but nwg (the user with the most repuation at the moment) has 6 power points, as a point of reference.

There are also some restrictions like how many times you can give a reputation to a single user, how many times you can do it per day, minimum number of posts before you can do it, etc...
        Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog

Comment

• 2COOL
          Kamen Moderator V3
          • Aug 2003

Originally Posted by admin
          but nwg (the user with the most repuation at the moment) has 6 power points
          Wow! nwg is really nice. Thanks for breaking it down admin. It's great there something to show some appreciation like Ebay's feedback but it also can damaging if abused. There should also be a outlet for any disputes though.
          2CL C Henshin!
          If you got a dollar for everytime someone called you ugly, you'd be a millionaire...an "ugly" millionaire.±

Comment

• jm1647
            An Eagles Fan, A MenuShrinker
            • Apr 2005

I noticed I had 2 posts that received a reputation box in my profile, one is green and one looks like blue....is one good and one not so good???

Comment

• 2COOL
              Kamen Moderator V3
              • Aug 2003

I too want to know what the color coding definitions in our reputation list. Green is obvious that is positive and good but what's the rest?
              2CL C Henshin!

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                Demigod of Digital Video
                • Nov 2004

i'm not sure i fully see why we can't see everyone's reputation points...wouldn't this be a good thing? we see everyone's post counts, isn't the post count in itself a bit of a "reputation meter"?
                "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
                Columbo moments...
                "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
                "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
                (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• jm1647
                  • Apr 2005

As I understand it in admins post about the reputation feature, green and bright green are good and better, red is bad and bright red is worse. I had posted I had what looked like a blue one and did not know what that meant. I had previosly hovered over the colored boxes in my reputation section of my User Panel and had seen green was positive in the little bubble that popped up. I hovered over them yesterday and nothing happened. I'm gonna try it now and see what happens.

Edit - post count = reputation meter? I would say maybe but it depends on the type of posts. In another forum I visit a user has close to 2,000 posts of which 90% or more are in the threads for which it is fun and game time like word association etc.
                  Last edited by jm1647; 3 Aug 2005, 06:32 AM. Reason: added text where Edit is noted

Comment

• nwg
                    Left *****
                    • Jun 2003

I just found this thread. I was about to ask about the point system. I only just noticed it a few days ago.

Is there anyway to see all the reputation comments and not just the last three?

Comment

• jm1647
                      • Apr 2005

I can see more than 3 could be all ya have so far, check in a minute and see if you have more

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                        Demigod of Digital Video
                        • Nov 2004

i know what you mean, jm1647, but take ol setty's post count for example...or cynthia, or blutach. see what i mean?

oh well it don mean nothin...questions are part of the job.
                        "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
                        Columbo moments...
                        "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
                        "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
                        (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• nwg
                          Left *****
                          • Jun 2003

Originally Posted by jm1647
                          I can see more than 3 could be all ya have so far, check in a minute and see if you have more
                          I have had three since I first saw the reputation thing. I wonder if it possible to add a point and have no comment/thread shown?

Comment

• jm1647
                            • Apr 2005

@nwg - I think the thread has to show (which is good to see where the report came from) but you don't have to put in a comment) AFAIK.

Comment

• nwg
                              Left *****
                              • Jun 2003

Originally Posted by jm1647
                              @nwg - I think the thread has to show (which is good to see where the report came from) but you don't have to put in a comment) AFAIK.
                              Ok.

Edit.

It now shows four threads with two comments and one point added.
                              Last edited by nwg; 3 Aug 2005, 06:54 AM.

Comment

Working...