X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Marcan
    • Jul 2005

Burn process failed! in Nero Vision 2

Hey everyone,

I would appreciate your help here. I got a movie, encoded in XVID. Now, when I try to burn it using Nero Vision, it gives me an error.

I see a little red X next to "Creating menus and transcoding streams". I always deactivate the "create menu" in the options, so the problem should be coming from transcoding stream, which I have no idea what it is.

Here's an excerpt from the log file, which shows the error:

Code:
    [21:39:14] DVDEngine ...VOB1 CELL1 VOBU4003 VOBU_S_PTM 180335217 VOBU_E_PTM 180380262 (164)
    [21:39:14] DVDEngine DumpExceptionInformation(): Caught SEH Exception 0xc0000005 during encoding
    [21:39:14] DVDEngine DumpExceptionInformation(): Exception was raised from C:\Program Files\Ahead\NeroVision\NeroMediaCon.dll at RVA 0x00024d85
    [21:39:14] DVDEngine ########################################################################################
    [21:39:14] DVDEngine ERROR
    [21:39:14] DVDEngine cause: 128 (nmc_processing_exception)
    [21:39:14] DVDEngine source: _VOBS::_M_do_guarded_processing ()
    [21:39:14] DVDEngine description: Exception during encoding
    [21:39:14] DVDEngine ########################################################################################
    [21:39:14] DVDEngine ******END: _VOBS - Process VOB
    [21:39:14] DVDEngine ****END: VTSTT_VOBS#1 - Process Create
    [21:39:14] DVDEngine **END: Create - VTSTT_VOBS#1
    [21:39:14] DVDEngine DVDENGINE exception caught.
    [21:39:14] DVDEngine END: IDVDVideoSessionImpl - CreateVOBs
    [21:39:14] DVDEngine BEGIN: DVDSessionBase - RegisterCallback
    [21:39:14] DVDEngine ...Session callback unregistered...
    [21:39:14] DVDEngine END: DVDSessionBase - RegisterCallback
    [21:39:14] DVDEngine BEGIN: DVDSessionBase - GetLog
    [21:39:14] DVDEngine END: DVDSessionBase - GetLog
    [21:39:14] DVDEngine BEGIN: DVDSessionBase - Clear
    [21:39:14] DVDEngine END: DVDSessionBase - Clear
    [21:39:14] DVDEngine BEGIN: DVDSessionBase - Destroy
    [21:39:14] DVDEngine END: DVDSessionBase - Destroy
    [21:39:14] DVDEngine BEGIN: dvd_eng_nero_conversion_manager - unload
    [21:39:14] DVDEngine END: dvd_eng_nero_conversion_manager - unload
    I can post the whole log if needed.

I'm using:

Nero Vision Express 2 2.1.2.11

Nero 6 Ultra Edition: 6.3.1.13

Recently it gave me the same error, more and more often. Oh, and by the way, when the error occurs, it hasn't started burning the DVD yet. The DVD is still blank and usable.

Thanks for your time, it's really appreciated!
    Last edited by Marcan; 1 Aug 2005, 05:17 AM.
  • Marcan
    • Jul 2005

Any help is appreciated

Comment

• LT. Columbo
      Demigod of Digital Video
      • Nov 2004

i'd convert the file to dvd-compliant form first...never use nero to do any encoding/transcoding.

1) Use "TMPGEnc" (or "TMPGEncPlus") to convert the .AVI (DivX-compressed or otherwise) to compliant MPEG2-for-DVD format - Use "TMPGEnc's" DVD wizard/template to accomplish this

2) Use "TMPGEnc DVD Author" (a different program than "TMPGEnc") to easily create the required additional DVD files and structure (and chapters and a menu, if you wish)

**If the combined filesize of the DVD "package" written to your hard drive is greater than 4.37Gb, use DVD Shrink (or similar) to compress

If your O/S is either Win2000 or WinXP, TMPGEnc DVD Author can also burn your DVD. Otherwise, use NERO to burn in "DVD-Video" mode
      (As an alternative to "TMPGEnc DVD Author", you could use "DVDLab")
      "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
      Columbo moments...
      "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
      "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
      (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• ashes
        Platinum Member
        Platinum Member
        • Aug 2005

Hi!

I saw this post at another forum. Perhaps this is the cause of your problem

1)AVI (Divx, Xvid) with AC3-5.1 Audio can not be directly transfered and only AC3- 2 channel(stereo) is available for output!!! ( or huge PCM audio = even worse!!!

Comment

• Marcan
          • Jul 2005

Thanks for the help guys, it's really appreciated!

I'll try every option given to me.

Comment

• ashes
            Platinum Member
            Platinum Member
            • Aug 2005

Good luck! tell us what works for you.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
              Demigod of Digital Video
              • Nov 2004

let us know
              "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
              Columbo moments...
              "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."

Comment

• blutach
                Not a god of digital video
                • Oct 2004

I'm using:

Nero Vision Express 2 2.1.2.11

Nero 6 Ultra Edition: 6.3.1.13
                You can update these progs - the burning prog is way outa date and was known to have real problems and NVE has undergone a major upgarde, too.

Nero update site.

Regards
                Last edited by blutach; 7 Aug 2005, 03:53 PM.
                Les

Essential progs - [PgcEdit] [VobBlanker] [MenuShrink] [IfoEdit] [Muxman] [DVD Remake Pro] [DVD Rebuilder] [BeSweet] [Media Player Classic] [DVDSubEdit] [ImgBurn]

Media and Burning - [Golden Rules of Burning] [Media quality] [Fix your DMA] [Update your Firmware] [What's my Media ID Code?] [How to test your disc]
                [What's bitsetting?] [Burn dual layer disks safely] [Why not to burn with Ner0] [Interpret Ner0's burn errors] [Got bad playback?] [Burner/Media compatibility]

Cool Techniques - [2COOL's guides] [Clean your DVD] [Join a flipper] [Split into 2 DVDs] [Save heaps of Mb] [How to mock strip] [Cool Insert Clips]

Real useful info - [FAQ INDEX] [Compression explained] [Logical Remapping of Enabled Streams] [DVD-Replica] [Fantastic info on DVDs]

You should only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media. Many thanks to www.pcx.com.au for their supply and great service.

Explore the sites and the programs - there's a gold mine of information in them

Don't forget to play the Digital Digest Quiz!!! (Click here)

Comment

• Marcan
                  • Jul 2005

Originally Posted by LT. Columbo
                  1) Use "TMPGEnc" (or "TMPGEncPlus") to convert the .AVI (DivX-compressed or otherwise) to compliant MPEG2-for-DVD format - Use "TMPGEnc's" DVD wizard/template to accomplish this
                  Small update: I can't even get passed the wizard menu of TMPGEnc. Upon the first screen, I select NTSC (Linear PCM audio) and when I choose the avi video file to convert, it says "File can not open, or is unsupported."

Edit: It won't even read any of my .avi files. It will open an .mpeg file though.

Still searching what the problem is.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                    Demigod of Digital Video
                    • Nov 2004

1) to try and solve the file unsupported error...
                    "options" (at top), "environmental settings", "vfapi plugin" tab.
                    find "directshow multimedia file reader" right click it and raise to 2 or so it is 1 point higher than anything else on the list.

2)on first page of wizard use mp2 (CBR) audio NOT linear pcm.
                    Columbo moments...

Comment

Working...