X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Toby3
    • Aug 2005

Convert KVCD to avi

I think I am in the right place

I have a movie on my hard drive with the word KVCD that uses VLC media player to watch it.

I am wanting to burn it onto DVD or CD. Its 789MB so I dont think it will fit onto CD, therefore I will burn it onto a DVD-R.

I have PowerProducer3 but that doesnt seem to recognise it, I also have the VLC media player and can watch it on my PC but how do I burn?
  • LT. Columbo
    Demigod of Digital Video
    • Nov 2004

to be clear, what is the file extension on it?

better yet perhaps you can load the file into gspot or virtualdub and post here everything in the audio/video information.
    "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
    Columbo moments...
    "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
    "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
    (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• tigerman8u
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • Aug 2003

KVCD should have the file extension of mpg. IIRC the chinese or somewhere over there developed it and it it similiar to our SVCD. You should be able to load this in Virtualdub mpeg2 to convert to avi or Tmpgenc or mainconcept to convert to a compliant dvd mpeg 1/2. load the file in avicodec or Virtualdub mpeg2 and give us the file info.

Comment

• rodders222
        • Feb 2006

you can burn the image diirect to cd with nero

you can burn the image diirect to cd with nero

Originally Posted by Toby3
        I think I am in the right place

I have a movie on my hard drive with the word KVCD that uses VLC media player to watch it.

I am wanting to burn it onto DVD or CD. Its 789MB so I dont think it will fit onto CD, therefore I will burn it onto a DVD-R.

I have PowerProducer3 but that doesnt seem to recognise it, I also have the VLC media player and can watch it on my PC but how do I burn?

Comment

• DvsDmn
          • Aug 2007

"K" Video Compression Dynamics (KVCD) can be converted to the DVD format.
          <o></o>
          1) Use a program like UltraISO, WinISO, PowerISO... to open the .BIN file,
          or mount the "Image" with Alcohol 120% or Daemon's Tools and "Explore" it.
          2) Then extract the AVSEQ01.DAT file, found on the "Image" at VIDEOCD \ MPEGAV \ AVSEQ01.DAT
          3) Now change the name to AVSEQ01.MPG (or Name_of_Movie.MPG).
          4) You now have a Video file that will play in any Media Player.
          5) Next use ConvertXtoDVD or winavi (frequent spammer of this forum) to convert and burn the Video file to a DVD disk.
          <o></o>
          How to Install and Mount "Images" with DAEMON Tools
          How to convert all video formats to DVD using ConvertXToDVD

<o></o>
          <o></o>

<o></o>
          Last edited by DvsDmn; 7 Aug 2007, 06:18 AM.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎