X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BR7
    He is coming to your little town!
    • Aug 2005

Originally Posted by DAFT
    Not just a victory guy, the pats came out second half with a totally new look and destroyed the Raiders on both sides of the ball. the first half was tight, Moss is going to be incredible as usual, even with that reject Collins throwing the ball. God I'm glad we got rid of him and got the Manning Boy. our test starts at 4:05 against AZ and I hope we're up to it. I think we can have a winning record this year at least, but no hope for the finals. I got Colts taking this year, anyone think different.
    I agree that the Colts have the best shot this year IMO the best thing they did this year was sign Corey Simon that will help out the D a lot

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• DAFT
      Slightly Stupid
      • Aug 2004

god you must be south Jersey cause we can't stand those guys up in the Metro area. Giants all the way.. even though we suck...still respect your NJ roots though.
      Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
      I'm Watching You!!!

Comment

• BR7
        • Aug 2005

Originally Posted by jm1647
        Eagles opening up Monday Night against Atlanta. Westbrook is po'ed over his contract negotiation, Simon and Douglas are gone, Pinkston's hurt, T.O. and McNabb still ain't talking but still making good plays. They Eagle brass have an eye for talent...we'll see.

Go IGGLES !!!!!

E A G L E S
        Eagles

I'm ready for some football!
        I hate to say it it but I think they will be fine Andy seems to always pull a rabbit out of his hat when he needs to

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• jm1647
          An Eagles Fan, A MenuShrinker
          • Apr 2005

Originally Posted by BR7
          I hate to say it it but I think they will be fine Andy seems to always pull a rabbit out of his hat when he needs to
          I know he says he hates to be the Coach and the one who decides who has to go too. Not just rabbits, running backs, receivers, linemen, you name it..the man's got a big hat !!!

He's let people go aand I thought he was crazy....but the people he put in proved to be just as good if not better. And their $14 million under the cap now. I oughta try and get him toi handle my finances.

Comment

• BR7
            • Aug 2005

WOW how about those Steelers Big Ben had a near perfect game and Fast Willy Parker had 161 yards on the ground not to shabby for a 3rd string back And the D was tuff

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• DAFT
              Slightly Stupid
              • Aug 2004

How about ATL boys. that team has some kind of drive. they just stuffed the Eagles and made it look easy. the new crop of D fence is unreal. So ATL is stacked, Colts have D, and the Chiefs(where did that come from?) all I can say is this is going to be a great year of football. oh and the pre-game fight was cool too.
              I'm Watching You!!!

Comment

• jm1647
                • Apr 2005

Vick looked good McNabb looked bad - he was high, low, short, long Atlanta's D looked good but I think McNabb is still stinking he only has an arm and forgets about his feet.
                With the pregame fight Atlanta lost their nickel back, The Eagles lost their startiing MLB and best run stopper. Atlanta had a field day wth 200+ yards rushing.
                MY hats off to Atlanta they won round 1 but we got 15 more to go before the big games start.
                Eagles were the only NFC East team to lose.
                Trotter save all your energy and passion until after the bell rings next time.

Comment

• DAFT
                  Slightly Stupid
                  • Aug 2004

I have to believe that some of that was planned. I mean ATL loses an NBack and Eagles lose there runs stop ability. Trotter could have wooped his ass and ATL wins before the game starts. I would not be surprized to see this stratagy used more this year.
                  I'm Watching You!!!

Comment

• jm1647
                    • Apr 2005

@daft - I definitely agree - Atlanta was looking to start trouble and hurt people. I still can't believe that a penaly was not called on the helmet first hit to McNabbs chest that hurt him. Trotter apoligized for getting ejected but that don't do no good. As Atlanta had a field day running the ball. Labinjo was in over his head. The Eagle D did a good job of holding them to just 14 points, it was the offense that let me down, maybe Reid shoulda pulled McNabb or McNabb pull himself. Reid abandoned the running game and McNabb was not passing too well and did not run 1 time (probably because he was hurtin') and T.O. showed he was a pro and did not reflect on the passing of McNabb. Who knows one more run and it coulda been a little closer for Akers to try a shorter field goal, 49 and 50 yard FG's are not a lock even for Akers.

Reid said he will handle Trotter's behaviour\reaction which resulted in getting tossed in house and not in the press.
                    Reid also has to remember the run sets up the pass!!! Deangelo Hall was on T.O. most of the time like a tailor made suit and with the way the other passes to T.O were thrown that he did not catch, most of the passes were uncatachable.

Comment

• jm1647
                      • Apr 2005

A total of 10 players were fined by the NFL for the Eagles - Atlanta game . 9 for the melee before the game and the other was the Falcon that hit McNabb helmet first in the chest, he was fined the most - $7,500. I still can't believe the officials did not call a penalty for that hit.

Comment

• BR7
                        • Aug 2005

To tell you the truth I don't think the guy should have been fined for the hit on McNabb I thought it was clean I watched it I think he tried to tilt his head out of the way cause there was another guy that hit McNabb from the top so McNabb was moving as the guy came in for the hit

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• DAFT
                          Slightly Stupid
                          • Aug 2004

I don't think he should have been fined but the shot should have been called. A spear shot like that is really dangerous and with someone like Mcnabb on the recieving end it could change the outcome of the Eagles season if a little harder or lower on his chest. If the refs don't call it then the NFL should not be able to fine him.
                          I'm really glad we're back in football season, it's my favorite time of year, and my GF's least fav. The big watch this week is Bledsoe and the Cowboys, lets see if the old man still has it.
                          I'm Watching You!!!

Comment

• jm1647
                            • Apr 2005

McNabb has been cleared to play on Sunday. The Eagles hired Hugh Douglas as the team ambassador for goodwill. Looks like they want to keep him around for a while to continue to do his stuff to keep the team loose.

@BR7 - with Willie Parker the Steelers remind me when the Eagles had Duce, Westbrook and Buckhalter all healthy and running their butts off.

Comment

• BR7
                              • Aug 2005

Yea its a shame Buckhalter cant stay healthy the Eagles could use him the guy has a lot to offer when he is at 100%.I also like the Steelers mix in backs you got the Bus for short yards and goal line and then you got Duce to pound it and then you got Wille to zip past them for a change of pace

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• jm1647
                                • Apr 2005

Alright, I 'm gettin ready for the Eagles - 49er game....E, E, E, E, E ,

E A G L E S ....EAGLES

T.O. has been quite all week and the reporters have been hounding him to try and say something about playing his former team today. I'll give T.O. credit he did not say a word and has been quiet as a church mouse. I wonder what Reid said to him him when he came back off of the one week suspension. If Reid would let me know I'd say it to my wife

Let's go Iggles!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎