Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GoldieGoo
    • Jan 2005

Philips Divx player DVP642 Dead at 4 months warranty 3 month

Ok my Philips Divx DVP64 player is dead after 4 months. Warranty 3 months. Philips warranty is basically telling customers there products suck and will die soon..... Anyway I need a new DVD/Divx player for around $100 bucks. Any suggestions. I play a lot of .avi movies.

Thank you.................

Oh yeah Philips replacement is $45.00 and a new one is $55.00 go figure....
  • LT. Columbo
    Demigod of Digital Video
    • Nov 2004

if it was me i'd throw that player at the store manager and demand a new one. it is a popular player, i'd just replace it if you had too.
    "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
    Columbo moments...
    "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
    "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
    (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• GoldieGoo
      • Jan 2005

I know I want to throw it at the Good Guy's manager but I don't have the dogs danglies... I guess I will buy another but with a store warranty service for 5 years. I will keep searching for a different manufacturer though for a few more days. Philips can't be the only manufacturer of Divx players.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
        Demigod of Digital Video
        • Nov 2004

have a few beers beforehand to get those "danglies" you speak of

many other manufactures support divx too. keep lookin
        "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
        Columbo moments...
        "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."

Comment

• tigerman8u
          Lord of Digital Video
          Lord of Digital Video
          • Aug 2003

I have 2 of the philips dvp642 players for app. 10 month and no problem. sorry to hear of your bad experience

Comment

• GoldieGoo
            • Jan 2005

Jack Daniels found my Danglies...... I have a very that I am sure 99.9% will get Philips into replacing my f'ed up unit. BTW it has nothing to do with changing ID #'s or buying another unit and switching at the store. That will not work because they match ID #'s. And that kind of fraud I don't believe in. But Danielson there is another way. It is pure genius!!

I can't share my plan......

Don't you just love internet s***s r#$!%&*s.........

Will post back if it works but not with how I did it.

Tiger you will be mad if they don't make it past their 1st year (even as cheap as they are).... Thanks for the empathy though

Let BedBathandBeyond.com help you discover designer brands & home goods at the lowest prices online. With free shipping on EVERYTHING*. See for yourself why shoppers love our selection & award-winning customer service.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
              Demigod of Digital Video
              • Nov 2004

congrats on finding your "danglies"

Columbo moments...

Comment

• tigerman8u
                Lord of Digital Video
                Lord of Digital Video
                • Aug 2003

@GoldieGoo you're right I will be mad. I got the 1st one and liked it so I got another one about 3 months later. I have 4 dvd players so the 2 dvp642's usually only get used for non dvd's. Hope that's not why their lasting longer

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎