Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GaryJ73167
    • Feb 2004

DVD Stand Alone Deck

Hello All. I have a question about the compatability issues with Bruned DVD players playing in home decks (Stand alone players).

The more the price comes down on stand alone DVD Players/Recorders, the more that I am thinking of purchasing one. Here is my question:

Do you think because the stand alone is a Player & Recorder that there will be less issues when trying to play a burnt backup ? For example. Most of my backups play in my stand alone player now, but, there are still some issues. Sometimes they pause, sometimes they dont play at all, but, for the most part, they play. So, I am thinking , if I get myself a player that also has the capability of recording, maybe these players have an easier time reading the burnt discs. (+R / +RW, -R, -RW, -RAM ...etc)

One more question, if I was to burn something in the standalone, will i still be able to RIP it to my hard drive? (Home movies...etc) I am curious to find out about that also because I burn alot of home movies.

Please give me your opinion on this, because, I am ready to go out and get one today.

Thanks

Gary
  • jm1647
    An Eagles Fan, A MenuShrinker
    • Apr 2005

If it reads all formats yes but can your burner set the booktype to DVD-ROM? Doing this does away with the +,- issues. About the pausing it is more than likely due to a media quality issue and or burn spped of the DVD. [/COLOR]

Yes you can rip them to your HDD. Most of the standalone reocrders have A/V inand firwire inputs to xfer your home movies to DVD straight from the camera.

Good Luck

Comment

• tigerman8u
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • Aug 2003

"if I was to burn something in the standalone, will i still be able to RIP it to my hard drive? (Home movies...etc) I am curious to find out about that also because I burn alot of home movies."

if you have a dvd reader/burner you can use that to rip to your hard drive

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎