X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • daimyodrum
    • Oct 2006

Allo.

I am trying to clean up and brighten a rather murky old school kung fu film on DVD, probably a VHS transfer. I get the idea I am not doing something right, as running this thru DVD RB does not seem to have any effect. This is what I am inputting for script, with the plugins in the right place:
    LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\TweakColor.dll")
    LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\FluxSmooth25.dll")
    Tweak(sat=1.2,bright=5.0,cont=1.1)
    FluxSmooth25(7,7)
    Levels(0,20,255,20,248)
    I also tried checking the "Force Reencoding for Filters" but this didn't seem to do it either... When I noticed that I wasn't achieving results I maxed the brightness out just to check and see if it was doing anything, again, no go.

Help much appreciated.

Comment

• jdobbs
      Digital Video Enthusiast
      Digital Video Enthusiast
      • Sep 2004

Where did you put those? Are you using the filter editor.

It's easy enough to see if they are in use, they will be in every AVS file -- which can be viewed with Notepad...

Comment

• jeo
        Digital Video Expert
        Digital Video Expert
        • Feb 2004

@ daimyodrum
        using tweak bright=5.0 together with levels you will get one lamp.
        add the source in the begining of your script and load in vdub to preview the result.
        i like levels because it only encrease the "light" on the scene inside the borders only but tweak add some solarizations in the blackboards too,....it's too bad using high "bright" adjusts.

...and don't worry,jdobbs is helping you...means fast and cool solution!

regards
        still sending greens(you can't see but can feel)

geriatric rock fan

Comment

• zep73
          • Oct 2006

i added the recommended script to the filter editor and then i get this

Building .AVS and .ECL files
          - Reduction Level for DVD-5: 100.0%
          - Overall Bitrate : 8,406/6,725Kbs
          - Space for Video : 4,466,260KB
          - Analyzing VTS_01 for optimal CQ factor.
          -- TargetSize (sectors):102,158
          -- Sampling 120 of 5879 frames.
          -- V01_Q_ANALYSIS no .M2V, retrying.
          -- V01_Q_ANALYSIS no .M2V, retrying.
          - Failed to create M2V: V01_Q_ANALYSIS
          - The encoder doesn't appear functional.
          - Aborting...
          - CQ Value selected: 1.5
          - HIGH/LOW/TYPICAL Bitrates: 6,725/6,725/6,725 Kbs
          -- FEATURE does not require reencoding.
          [22:16:25] Phase I, PREPARATION completed in 1 minutes.
          Aborted.

its probably something simple, but i need to ask caiuse im stuck thx in advance

Mark

Comment

• jeo
            Digital Video Expert
            Digital Video Expert
            • Feb 2004

The encoder doesn't appear functional.
            i never saw this message because i never had this kind of problems with DVDRB.
            i can be right that it's not DVDRB problems reading this message.
            trust,95% of the RB problems is "the user"...not kiddin!!
            jdobbs will go straight to heaven after remove doubts of thousands errors from users,check here and in doom9. (lol but is true)

nothing is wrong with the encoder????
            check the adjusts inside RB options and in special in the encoder chosed.

regards.

geriatric rock fan

Comment

• zep73
              • Oct 2006

the thing i dont understand is the encoder works fine until i put a script into the filter editor...then i get that message

Comment

• BR7
                He is coming to your little town!
                • Aug 2005

Your filters could be out of date

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• jeo
                  Digital Video Expert
                  Digital Video Expert
                  • Feb 2004

works fine until i put a script into the filter editor...
                  have something wrong in the script or...

Originally Posted by BR7
                  Your filters could be out of date
                  or wrong versions in the plugins folder.

as i told,loading the script in vdub you will see the error message in BIG RED on the screen...
                  i can't think(or know) in better or easy option to solve this initial problem!!!

geriatric rock fan

Comment

• zep73
                    • Oct 2006

i made sure all the plugins were up to date. when using this script

LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\RemoveGrainSSE3.dll")
                    LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\Deen.dll")
                    RemoveGrain(mode=2)
                    deen()

from the info line in hc batch...it say unable to load C:\Program Files\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\RemoveGrainSSE3.dll")
                    and
                    unable to load ("C:\Program Files\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\Deen.dll")

Comment

• zep73
                      • Oct 2006

well i thought i might have had the filter thing figured out, but when i started the dvd rebuilder and ran it, when the hc encoder opened up, i got this message

runtime error!!

program:C:\program files\DVD-RBPRO\encoders\hc encoder\hcbatch.exe

this application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
                      please contact the application's support team for more info..

Mark

Comment

• jdobbs
                        Digital Video Enthusiast
                        Digital Video Enthusiast
                        • Sep 2004

The filters are obviously not working. As a result you are getting an illegal size that will not be accepted by the encoder. The illegally sized output is actually a video representation of an error message provided by AVISYNTH.

Try this. Open one of the AVS files with Windows Media Player after doing PREPARE. It should display the error it is receiving in red text on a black background. It will also tell you the line number that is the offending filter/action.

Here is the text from the change log from when the filter editor was added.

- Added an Expert AVS option in which you can add text that will be added to AVS
                        files. This is meant to support filters -- but can also be used to activate
                        other AVISYNTH commands. This is an EXPERT OPTION. If you are not intimately
                        familiar with AVISYNTH... leave it alone. It can make your encodes fail
                        completely if incorrectly used. Note: Don't use blank lines.

I highly recommend that folks DO NOT USE FILTERS unless you have a specific reason for doing so. Remember -- filters distort the original, and when used indescretely will hurt the output quality rather than help it. The same filter that might improve the appearance of a poorly built original disc, might degrade one that is of better quality.
                        Last edited by jdobbs; 22 Oct 2006, 05:30 PM.

Comment

• jdobbs
                          Digital Video Enthusiast
                          Digital Video Enthusiast
                          • Sep 2004

One thing I noticed also... one of the filters you are using requires SSE3. Does your processor support SSE3? If you are using an Athlon XP or older Pentium 4 (before Prescott), for example, it may not support it.

Also based upon the error you are receiving... are you sure you've downloaded the DLL files for those filters and put them in the AVISYNTH plugin directory? At least one program doesn't think so...
                          Last edited by jdobbs; 22 Oct 2006, 05:40 PM.

Comment

• zep73
                            • Oct 2006

i keep getting this message....i reinstalled everything, cleared out the filter editor...but it still keeps appearing

runtime error!!

program:C:\program files\DVD-RBPRO\encoders\hc encoder\hcbatch.exe

this application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
                            please contact the application's support team for more info..

One thing I noticed also... one of the filters you are using requires SSE3. Does your processor support SSE3? If you are using an Athlon XP or older Pentium 4 (before Prescott), for example, it may not support it. i changed to sse2

Also based upon the error you are receiving... are you sure you've downloaded the DLL files for those filters and put them in the AVISYNTH plugin directory? At least one program doesn't think so...YES

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

• BR7
                              He is coming to your little town!
                              • Aug 2005

Download Everest it will show you what your computer supports.I posted an example below

What filters are you trying to use anyway?Please demonstrate how you write your script this will help us help you
                              Last edited by BR7; 23 Oct 2006, 02:18 AM.

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• jdobbs
                                Digital Video Enthusiast
                                Digital Video Enthusiast
                                • Sep 2004

Try opening the AVS in Microsoft Media Player and see if it shows the line number of the error...

Does it work if you remove all the filters? If so, then the problem is definitely the filters.

Comment

Working...