X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Herve
    • Dec 2001

Converted Dvx\avi play fine on hard drive but stutters after cd burning

Hi there,

I just converted my first dvd to avi yesterday and was quite happy with the result, sound was good and images too
    No problem at all when playing the converted file on the hard drive .

So i decided to burn this avi file on a cd and now i have a problem when reading the avi file from the cd . At a regular interval, the sound "stutters" for a few milli seconds,stopping the image too then goes back to normal for around 10 secs and do it again.

I have no idea where it comes from as the same avi file on the hard drive does not have any problem at all ; i tried to read the same cd on others cd drives and same problem . I burned another new converted dvx\avi file which works fine on my hard drive and once again , sound stutterring problem .

I connected my cd writer to another pc , thinking it may be a bus problem or data rate transfert on this particular computer and have the same problem on another pc.

I used other brands of cd for the burn process and diferents burn speeds and still problem.

The only thing i did not try yet is to use another cd burner and sotware too , my cd burner is a Yamaha CRW 2200EZ with the latest firmware version and i use nero burning rom version 5.5.5.1 .

I use win2 k pro and use media player 6.4 to play the Divx\avi files . The audio format of the file i converted is Mpeg 3 , 16kbs, 48 khz.

I checked on Nero web site and saw that they have a new MPEG-2/SVCD encoder plugin http://www.nero.com/en/mpeg2p.htm
    I'm not sure if i must install it or not as it is specified SVCD .

Any help or idea is more than welcome

Thanks.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"The only thing i did not try yet is to use another cd burner and sotware too"

That would certainly seem to be the next (and perhaps, most) logical step in tracking down your problem.

Comment

• Wer-Al Zwowe
      • Dec 2001

Try BSplayer.

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

One other thing you might try is to reduce the sound frequency from 48Khz to 44.1Khz.

Comment

• Herve
          • Dec 2001

It works now

Hi there,

It finally works after i discovered where to enable DMA mode for CD drive under Win2K, after a reboot , the avi files play fine from the cd .

Thanks all for your help.

Take it easy

Herve

Comment

Working...