• Show
Clear All
  • atifsh
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • May 2003

IE / Firefox ...... vulnerabilities

very interesting........

Seems like as soon you buy somehing, v. 2 comes out 1.5 times as fast!..!
  • cynthia
    Super Moderatress
    • Jan 2004

It must have been 5 years since IE6 was released. Would be interesting to know how many security problems that have been adressed to IE6 over these years.

Comment

• BR7
      He is coming to your little town!
      • Aug 2005

Yea I am not buying into that chart to much look at all the patches Microsoft has put out over the past few years.

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• atifsh
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • May 2003

but it also shows IE is not the evil, but cause its so popular that ppl try to find problems.... now same starting to happen to firefox...... atleast thats what i thought.
        Seems like as soon you buy somehing, v. 2 comes out 1.5 times as fast!..!

Comment

• cynthia
          Super Moderatress
          • Jan 2004

True, and now is also Opera released as pure freeware and with no commercials.

Comment

• jm1647
            An Eagles Fan, A MenuShrinker
            • Apr 2005

And I thought I got lucky getting a free registration code for Opera during their anniversary. I got the free version also yesterday, 8.5 I think.

I agree with IE being the most popular is what makes it the target, same thing with viruses being targeted at windows machines but now Macs are getting some also. I dunno about Linux.

Comment

• anonymez
              Super Moderator
              • Mar 2004

firefox rules... 'vulnerabilities' have never stopped me doing anything on my pc, infact, come to think of it, i have never encountered any 'vulnerabilities' while using firefox or IE. in all the internet usage in my life, NEVER

i have only ever encountered 1 virus (the w32 blaster worm i think it was called) on my pc, which was fixed easily. a decent firewall and common sense, in my opinion, is all you need to stay safe on the net

i do agree, though, firefox will be seeing a huge increase in 'vulnerabilities' and come under much the same attacks as IE because of its recent popularity...
              "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• BR7
                He is coming to your little town!
                • Aug 2005

I never thought of Microsoft being evil I am all about the product IE was good then came firefox I liked its features alot better so I switched now I have been playing around with opera I am liking it better then Firefox.But I get what you guys are saying about the attacks and all I mean look at the macs they are not as popular so they don t get hit as hard as the pc when it comes to virus attacks and stuff

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

Working...