Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 15 of 18

Thread: Essential tools in any DVD author's/editor's arsenal

Not a god of digital video blutach's Avatar

Default Essential tools in any DVD author's/editor's arsenal

You may have seen me list these in my signature but these are what I find to be the most essential tools. Feel free to add your favourites and links to them.
    1. Top of the list - DVD Decrypter - you need to get the DVD to your hard drive! To its author, Lightning UK!, all anyone can say is
    2. The most comprehensive IFO and menu editor out there - PgcEdit by r0lZ - takes up where IfoEdit left off. Burns your disk, too (via DVD Decrypter or ImgBurn)!!!
    3. For all the things that PgcEdit can't do - IfoEdit - usually for advanced users only
    4. Wanna edit a VOB? - VobEdit's your tool - again for advanced users
    5. Best blanking - on a VTS/PGC/Cell or even GOP level - can't go past VobBlanker by jsoto. It also strips out unwanted audio and subtitle streams and you can even replace your menu background with a self made/edited menu.
    6. Need to demux your title? DVD Decrypter can do it, but PgcDemux is oh soooo easy to use
    7. What about remuxing? Get the best, written by the best - Muxman by mpucoder
    8. Shrink a bloated menu to a little still? MenuShrink by jeanl is your answer. Truly amazing. See if you can break the record!
    9. Wanna create your own DVDs with menus? Try DVDAuthorGUI
    10. Audio conversions and transcoding? Nothing better than BeSweet. Be sure to get the Belight interface if you are a newbie.
    11. Wanna work with subbies? - Create them, convert them, sync them, turn 'em upside down! Subtitle Creator by Paddington is fantastic.
    12. Not to be outdone, DVDSubEdit by jeanl can do all sorts of very cool things with subtitles. This is one super tool.
    13. Not free, but a fantastic all in one DVD editing tool - DVD Remake Pro - as its author dimad says, have your DVD the way you want it! With this little beauty, you can even cut chapters, and merge 2 DVDs onto one disk - all with one click! A must have.
    Well, that's enough to get you started! Whew.

Regards

I guess I should mention another essential tool - what many of us cut our teeth on.

And that is 2COOL's magnificent guides . They are smattered all over the net, but a great place to start is here.

Regards
    Last edited by blutach; 15 Oct 2005 at 01:37 AM

so nero doesn't rate, for you???

i mean, apart from the 'simplicity' factor, surely it has some good features, right???

I find myself coming back to this sticky time and time again, and I have often wondered why DVD Shrink is not on the list? Should it not be considered as the last step in the Authoring/editing process? Should Not the ease of eliminating audio streams ought to at least be considered?

F

Good question.

Well, DVD Shrink is more of a transcoder. Stream stripping is built into any transcoder but that is not its main function.

Of course, DVD Shrink can be used to "re-author" a DVD, quickly and simply and is quite compliant with the specs (apart from some benign issues).

But if all you want to do is strip streams, IfoEdit or VobBlanker will do the job nicely.

Regards

@Blutach,

Really great high power DVD tool box. Some of the very best engineered software tools available. Looks like maybe the only thing missing is an Epson R220 CD/DVD disk printer.

I have to agree 110%. Many thanks to all the authors of these great tools. And I really do prefer to have my dvds my way.

What are the latest tools available for Mac? Any advice appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Spotmen Inc View Post
    What are the latest tools available for Mac? Any advice appreciated.
    Well a good Windows Emulator comes to mind...

I have been using a Microboards MX Disc Publisher since 2002 and it still works well for my authorizing and post production work

excellent thanks

WOw..,a good features.Would be grateful to me.Thousand times thanks for your post.

Great post. Very informational conversation.

Research Paper Writing Service

Informative Nice Post

Thread Information