Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • daveywavey007
    • Oct 2005

DVD Burning problems after upgrade to XP

Hope someone can help me. Burning to DVD used to be wonderful operating on Windows 2000 & using DVD Shrink - 100% success rate! Since upgrade to Windows XP Prof (SP 2), nothing but problems. Onthe rare occasion, a burn works, it only does approx 30 mins worth, but usually I get a pop up saying Windows has detetected a serious error etc etc. I'm running with AMD Athlon, 1 GHz, 512 RAM - encoding & burning was slow byt at least it worked on Win 2000. I've upgraded Nero to 6.6.0.16 and checked the DMA. I've read that there may be a compatibility issue with XP (SP2) and Nero - is this true and if so, how do you get round it? Any assistance greatly appreciated. David
  • dellwen
    • Sep 2005

I'm not an expert but I use xp prof sp2 and the latest nero (6.6.0.16).

No problems so far.

Maybe a driver/firmware issue?

Comment

• daveywavey007
      • Oct 2005

Glad to hear that XP prof sp2 and Nero 6 can be used without problems. When you say driver/firmware issue, do you mean for the DVD burner (ie Liteon DVD RW) ?

Comment

• Chewy
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2003

Did you upgrade or do a clean install?
        Xp has issues with older motherboards, sometimes you have to tweak bios or even upgrade it.
        Xp have a heavy footprint(cpu use) and requires more vid memory than W2k,
        much more, Xp can be optimized to run almost as fast as W2k tho.

Comment

• ramachandran_4
          • Mar 2005

MULTIUSER prob with TMPGENC 3.0 EXPRESS

ii have some problem with respect to XP....i have TMPGEnc 3.0 express and i am able to use in the account with multiuser environment ..but i can't able to use the same with the use with limited account...help me with this prob....

Comment

• Chewy
            Super Moderator
            • Nov 2003

try right clicking on the shortcut or executable and "run as"
            another admin login

Comment

Working...