allowing a cd to act as both audio and dvd...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dist0rtedmel0dy
    • Apr 2002

allowing a cd to act as both audio and dvd...

hello all.

i'm new to this message forum, but i wanted to post my question(s) here 'cause i figure i have a better chance of more people here will help me with my dilemma.

you see, i'm a musician and would like to sometime in the future make a cd for my band. however, i don't want to just make an audio cd, but i want to create a cd that is compatable on stereos/computers, and is operatable on dvd players. when someone puts the disc into the stereo, it acts as a normal audio cd, but when it is placed into a dvd player, it has the graphical menu for song list and selection, and when the songs are played individually, there comes a "visual stimulous," or a little mini-music video that accompanies each song.

what i want to know is, is there any possible way for me to buy/dl a program which will (1) let me edit/create/custom a dvd and (2) let me overlay the encoding from the dvd into an audio cd, or vice versa.

i have looked for software to make a dvd. what i have found is something called <b>instant cd/dvd</b> which is made by a company called <b>vob</b>. for anyone who knows, is this legit? or are there other programs which will be better for what i want to do? does anyone have an idea of the procedures to overlay an audio cd with dvd coding? is it even possible? please help me out. thanks.
  • Tallbloke
    • Apr 2002

Hi

I'm no expert but

You could fairly easily create a multimedia CD. LIke many CD's now on sae in record shops which plays audio in CD Players and has a multimedia section when placed in a CD ROM drive.

After the recording of your songs and videos, the software would be more likely to be Macromedia's Director than any video editing/encoding software for the final output.

With my limited knowledge I cant see how you could create a "unit" to play on common domestic DVD and CD players as well as having PC functionality.

Perhaps someone else has a different opinion.

Tallbloke

Comment

Working...