• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • benbryant
    Digital Video Master
    Digital Video Master
    • Aug 2005

Hello boonclee,

Sometimes TMPGEnc doesn't want to accept .d2v file, Here is what you should do: Go to C:\Program Files\DGMPGDec and copy the file "DGVfapi.vfp", go to C:\Program Files\Pegasus Inc\TMPGEnc Plus 2.5, and paste the DGVfapi.vfp file there. Then you should start TMPGEnc Plus, go to Options -> Enviromental Settings -> Vfapi Plugins, and make sure the "DGVfapi.vfp" is listed there and enabled. TMPGEnc now should be able to recognize .d2v file without any more problem

Also, some users reported to be able to open AC3 audio file with TMPGEnc. Unfortunately, no matter how I try, I just can do that. As neuron2, the author of DGIndex, suggested to use DGIndex to decode AC3 track to WAV otherwise you have to use BeSweet or BeLight to convert AC3 to WAV to be acceptable with TMPGEnc. To decode AC3 to WAV with DGIndex, when you frameserve your movie with DGIndex, go to Audio -> Output Method and select the option "Decode AC3 Track to WAV"

About the audio files, you can open and try to listen Media Player Classic and choose the one you like

Regards

Comment

• boonclee
      Gold Member
      Gold Member
      • Mar 2005

thanks ben..

Can u pls advise me where to d/l another copy of DGMPGDec
      My output file appears to very v small...only 717Kb when my orginal movie is like 4.5 GB...thanks

Comment

• boonclee
        Gold Member
        Gold Member
        • Mar 2005

ok..i resolve the audio file...i still have problem with tmpgenc plus grabing the .d2v file...even tho the program sees it.
        i m thinking my dgindex file is not making the right file...
        the resultant file appears small and i am not able to save the dgindex program into disk...its a link to a program...does that make sense?

any more help would be appreciated

Comment

• benbryant
          Digital Video Master
          Digital Video Master
          • Aug 2005

DGIndex frameserves the .d2v file which is a small size index file used for the purpose of loading into a different program such as TMPGEnc Plus, HCenc...for processing. Therefore, during the entire procedure, you shouldn't move your movie file or DGIndex's files to different places or rename them otherwise the TMPGEnc won't accept or recognize these files. Below is the link for DGMPGDec. Please choose the "DGMPGDec version 1.4.5 Executables". You just unzip the file to a folder in your hard drive and remember to copy the DGVfapi.vfp file and paste it to the TMPGEnc root directory as mentioned in my early post

DGMPGDec Version 1.4.5 Executables

Regards
          Last edited by benbryant; 10 Jan 2006, 02:45 AM.

Comment

• boonclee
            Gold Member
            Gold Member
            • Mar 2005

IT WORKS!!! YOU ROCK BEN!! for those who have problems...IT IS KEY to keep everything in the right directory!!!
            one more question...
            what is the diff bet mpeg1, mpeg2?
            would both play in the dvd player?
            what if i just select stream type MPEG-1 under stream type?
            would it work?
            thanks

Comment

• blutach
              Not a god of digital video
              • Oct 2004

MPEG-2 is the video standard for DVDs. MPEG1 was an earlier encoding used in VCDs (quality is no better than VHS). Use MPEG2 - all players will play them (but if you are strapped for space and don't care about quality, they all should also play MPEG-1).

Regards
              Last edited by blutach; 2 Feb 2006, 07:38 PM.
              Les

Essential progs - [PgcEdit] [VobBlanker] [MenuShrink] [IfoEdit] [Muxman] [DVD Remake Pro] [DVD Rebuilder] [BeSweet] [Media Player Classic] [DVDSubEdit] [ImgBurn]

Media and Burning - [Golden Rules of Burning] [Media quality] [Fix your DMA] [Update your Firmware] [What's my Media ID Code?] [How to test your disc]
              [What's bitsetting?] [Burn dual layer disks safely] [Why not to burn with Ner0] [Interpret Ner0's burn errors] [Got bad playback?] [Burner/Media compatibility]

Cool Techniques - [2COOL's guides] [Clean your DVD] [Join a flipper] [Split into 2 DVDs] [Save heaps of Mb] [How to mock strip] [Cool Insert Clips]

Real useful info - [FAQ INDEX] [Compression explained] [Logical Remapping of Enabled Streams] [DVD-Replica] [Fantastic info on DVDs]

You should only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media. Many thanks to www.pcx.com.au for their supply and great service.

Explore the sites and the programs - there's a gold mine of information in them

Don't forget to play the Digital Digest Quiz!!! (Click here)

Comment

• boonclee
                Gold Member
                Gold Member
                • Mar 2005

thanks for the clarifiaction butah..
                I follow the process to the end...but i loose the subtitles..is there any way to convert it while retaining the subtitles?
                thanks

Comment

• benbryant
                  Digital Video Master
                  Digital Video Master
                  • Aug 2005

All of my original PAL movies have no subtitles and in fact I haven't tried converting PAL to NTSC including subtitle before. I hope blutach and our forum excellent mods and members can give you a hand with it. IMHO, I have to tell you first that the following procedure to save the subtitle from the original movie and insert it to the new movie is what I think and imagine because I don't have any PAL movie with subtitle totest for you. I don't know for sure it will work for you or not. Here is what I would do if I were you:

1- Use PgcDemux to demux (separate) your original PAL movie into video, audio, and subtitle. Make sure that you have the Demux video stream, Demux all audio streams, and Demux all subpic streams options checked

2- Use PgcDemux to demux your PAL to NTSC movie. Make sure that you have the Demux video stream, Demux all audio streams, and Demux all subpic streams options checked

3- Run the Muxman, add the demuxed video and audio files in step 2 and subtitle file in step 1. The Muxman will rejoin the files together for you

You can download the PgcDemux and Muxman from here:

DVD authoring and graphic compositing software with MPEG-1, MPEG-2, BMP, TGA, DIB, MPA, AC3, DTS, and LPCM support, great for autoplay DVD

Hope that they will work for you

Regards

Comment

• boonclee
                    Gold Member
                    Gold Member
                    • Mar 2005

thanks ben...i gave it a shot...too advance for me...lol,,i couldnt load the right files..thanks for ur help anyways...
                    if there is a link (with steps and screens) on how this is done...pls let me know

Comment

• Moritzio
                      • Jan 2006

Excellent guide. Thanks very much. If I have 16:9 material, should I make any changes to the procedure?

Comment

• drfsupercenter
                        NOT an online superstore
                        • Oct 2005

Yeah, you gotta set your source in TMPGEnc to 16:9

There are a couple options, use common sense
                        CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
                        Visit my website!!

Cool Characters Make your text cool
                        My DVD Collection

Comment

• Moritzio
                          • Jan 2006

There is letterboxing involved also. I set (on the advanced tab):
                          source aspect ratio - 16:9 625 lines PAL
                          video arrange method - fullscreen (keep aspect ratio 2)

I have tried several settings for aspect ratio on the main tab, but only one looks right in preview: 4:3, which shows the letterboxing top and bottom.
                          When I encode with those settings, the mpg file is far too large.

I guess my common sense is failing me. I'm open to suggestions.

Comment

• drfsupercenter
                            NOT an online superstore
                            • Oct 2005

video arrange method - fullscreen (keep aspect ratio 2)
                            Is there a 16x9 for that? Right now it's set for 4x3.
                            CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
                            Visit my website!!

Cool Characters Make your text cool
                            My DVD Collection

Comment

• Moritzio
                              • Jan 2006

I'm not quite sure what you are asking. After i set source aspect ratio to 16:9 625 lines PAL, I set video arrange method to fullscreen (keepaspect ratio 2). It is still an option. Now I am just guessing here, based on your reply to use common sense. I make setting changes and see what the preview looks like.

I'm would like to learn how to do this right, but the excellent guide on the previous page does not mention what to do for 16:9 PAL source. My one successful attempt resulted in about 2GB more video than I started with, so I know I have to change something.

Comment

• benbryant
                                Digital Video Master
                                Digital Video Master
                                • Aug 2005

Hi Moritzio,

When you opened the unlock.mcf template and clicked the Setting to open MPEG Setting window, on the Aspect Ratio setting, did you change from 4:3 Display to 16:9 Display?

Regards

Comment

Working...