benbryant,
    thanks for all the info.
    I will give this try.

Thanks again

Comment

• lemonyx
      • Feb 2006

Hi ALL

Great guide, I've been trying to follow it to tfhe "T" but little problems along the way. I've gotten past the TMPGEnc, but I'll have to go back - no audio file. When I go to the DBPulldown and load the file, click 25>29.97 and convert I get this error msg about an elementary stream and not a program stream. Must have zigged when I sholuld have zagged. Any clues??

The DVD is a in concert of David Gray that a friend's dad bought while on vacation and now he want's to view it. So I'm trying to convert it for him and learn at the same time. Heck of a learning curve
      ---------------------------------------------------
      Abit IP35 Pro mb, Intel Core 2 Duo Q6600 2.4ghz OC'd 3.6ghz, Thermalright 120 Ultra Extreme, 4 x 1gb Corsair XMS2 PC6400, Gigabyte 8800 GT OC'd PCi-e 2.0, 2x WD 74gb Raptors, 4x WD Se16 500gb HD's, CoolerMaster Stacker Case, Antec Earthwatts 500w, lots of Delta fans

Comment

• benbryant
        Digital Video Master
        Digital Video Master
        • Aug 2005

Problem with no audio can be one of two things. Please first try to increase TMPGEnc's DirectShow Multimedia Files Reader's to higher priority to 1 or 2 by going to Option > Environmental setting > VFAPI plugin tab. Right-click DirectShow Multimedia Files Reader and select Higher priority. Also TMPGEnc Plus doesn't support AC3. Therefore, if the original audio is AC3, you have to convert from AC3 to WAV for audio using DGIndex's Decode AC3 to WAV or with different tools you prefer

Regards

Comment

• LT. Columbo
          Demigod of Digital Video
          • Nov 2004

a FAQ on bens sound advice
          Talk about the TMPGEnc line of software, including TMPGEnc Express, MPEG Editor and TMPGEnc DVD Author
          "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
          Columbo moments...
          "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
          "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
          (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• BR7
            He is coming to your little town!
            • Aug 2005

I am confused, I got the movie Ju-On it was suppose to be R2.But when I did Stream Processing it showed me this If its NTSC why wont it play on my DVD player.Or do I have to use Bens guide anyway because the DVD shows it's from Hong Kong but it has R0 and not R2.

EDIT
            NM I used ProCoder2 all is well.The reason for my question was because I was unsure and I didn't want to do all that work for know reason.Thanks for all the help though
            Last edited by BR7; 28 Oct 2006, 08:49 AM.

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

Working...